Jambands.ca

Sundin a Ranger?

badams

Guest Low Roller

$undin would fit right in with the Ranger policy of giving bloated contracts to washed up superstars in order to try and buy themselves a championship team (re: Lafleur, Dionne, Lindros, Jagr, etc...)

The Rangers have a pretty good mix of players this year and have nice depth all-round. Adding Sundin makes sense if they can pull it off. I know that Shanahan hasn't called it a day yet either, so if they can't sign Mats, I wonder if Shanny will lower his asking price and sign with the Rangers?

I call BS on all of this crap!

I think you can safely say, that no one had a goddam clue what Mats will do, we've seen 6-7 deadlines come and go now, and 95% of NHL teams named as possible suitors.

He won't sign before Christmas, and it won't be the Rangers... they have no cap, so the pending trades will come out first, or waivers (they'll probably trade for late round picks though rather than waiver option).

He will go to the Canucks, in late January, and do very little, and basically go against evrything he said he wouldn't do... join a team for a playoff run, just go after $, and join a non-contender Stanley cup team (which the Canucks are not for sure)... fuck_u Mats, you're dead to me... well, unless he signs with the Habs, than we'll talk :)

Guest Low Roller
Seems to me the only people who arent idiots in this thread so far are Badams, Ollie, Freak By Night, Kanada Kev, Hal Johnson, Whitey, Jaimoe and myself.

How does one buy a championship team in the salary cap era?

The Rangers are still the Rangers, and you're still an angry bastard.