Jambands.ca

CAP on GAZA

SaggyBalls

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking about Zionism isn't automatically getting into an anti-semitic discussion.

From my understanding the Philistines, now recognized as the Palestinians, were a "cursed" people for resisting the truth of the revelation, but they are a semitic people from the same "tribe" as the "Jews" (and here I'm not talking about Khazars, who may or may not share a debatably "legitimate" claim to a lineage that has rights to land in Isreali territory).

So to be anti-semitic is to be racist, to be anti-Zionist would be con-religious? :)

To equate Semitic heritage with Jewishness would be a mistake IMO.

Edited by Guest

Political Claims to Legitimicy...[color:purple]TB you're such an oxymoron.

I think con-religious is pretty close. Perhaps the 'philistines' that are resisting the spiritual destiny of the region are just as culpable than the zionistic movement for moving the process along faster than it would have moved on its own.

It smells terrible from here. Kinda like sour garlic and rotten parsley.

Benjamin Freedman - 'Amazing' Warnings?

Definitely interesting, considering these tough economic times.

In 1933, when Germany refused to surrender to the world conference of Jews in Amsterdam, the conference broke up, and Mr. Samuel Untermyer, who was the head of the American delegation and the president of the whole conference, came to the United States and went from the steamer to the studios of the Columbia Broadcasting System and made a radio broadcast throughout the United States in which he in effect said, "The Jews of the world now declare a Holy War against Germany. We are now engaged in a sacred conflict against the Germans. And we are going to starve them into surrender. We are going to use a world-wide boycott against them. That will destroy them because they are dependent upon their export business."

Another compelling reason to have a strong focus on sustainable economy?

It's at the very least an interesting read for a conspiracy theorist. What a crazy world.

Unfortunately, for this man's theory/argument the Hui chinese do claim Arab lineage through the saints (Sheiks, etc.) that brought Islam to China way back. The re-consecration of these saints tombs by current Chinese leaders as a part of Chinese cultural heritage has been described as a way to harmonize the two ethnicities by Drew C. Gladney. So people do accept Chinese who claim Arab ancestry as legitimate. But I'm an oxymoron so nevermind... I'm sure you'll progress way over my head in 3...2...1

Benjamin Freedman - 'Amazing' Warnings?

Definitely interesting, considering these tough economic times.

In 1933, when Germany refused to surrender to the world conference of Jews in Amsterdam, the conference broke up, and Mr. Samuel Untermyer, who was the head of the American delegation and the president of the whole conference, came to the United States and went from the steamer to the studios of the Columbia Broadcasting System and made a radio broadcast throughout the United States in which he in effect said, "The Jews of the world now declare a Holy War against Germany. We are now engaged in a sacred conflict against the Germans. And we are going to starve them into surrender. We are going to use a world-wide boycott against them. That will destroy them because they are dependent upon their export business."

Another compelling reason to have a strong focus on sustainable economy?

It's at the very least an interesting read for a conspiracy theorist. What a crazy world.

"world conference of Jews in Amsterdam" ?!?!?!?

those sure are some credible web sites that this information has come from. Look what else I just learned from the same reference:

Here in the United States, the Zionists and their co-religionists have complete control of our government. For many reasons, too many and too complex to go into here at this time, the Zionists and their co-religionists rule these United States as though they were the absolute monarchs of this country. Now you may say that is a very broad statement, but let me show you what happened while we were all asleep.

I must have misplaced my invitation to the Jews of the World Unite to Rule the World Meeting. Nope, here it is, lost between a few bills. The next meeting is in February in Spain. I can't tell you the exact date and city as I've been sworn to secrecy.

I must say though, that you'd think that if we were ruling the world, or even the U.S. we would be doing a much better job of it.

what you have posted is sheer and utter nonsense.

edited to add: okay, I see your note about the consipracy theory stuff. but c'mon. this is pure crap. not even worthy of a conspiracy theorists time.

It's not PURE crap but is a bit shallow on nomenclature.

Depends on whether you read that to be 'Jews Everywhere' or 'secret meeting of prominent Jewish Leaders'

Either way, it's a part of the 'anti-zionist' movement that works its way into the mid-east conflict and is valid in that sense.

This link may seem more 'credible' but essentially has the same information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Freedman

While I have posted a few of these types of links, I do not purport myself to be in any particular mindset.

It is not unfair of me to wonder how much of the 'history' of the first half of the 20th century is 'missing' and how much is actually correct.

I really want to believe that humanity is clever enough for all of these plots and treachery.

Some of it seems entirely plausible.

no i won't be quoting from the protocols of propaganda.

There are a lot of Whackoes around that have quite a bit of credibility.

It's a lot better that the story gets brought out as 'an interesting read' rather than 'look at this evil plot'

Maybe it doesn't matter if the sites are credible, cause after all...the media isn't necessarily neutral in all of this...or so it goes.

Yours Truly Said:

...the media isn't necessarily neutral in all of this...or so it goes.

i certainly don't think it is. but interestingly, we probably think it's biased in the opposite directions.

Well only if you think it's biased to the 'left', as I believe the true biases are to the 'right', as those ads cost a whole lot of money and the real 'left' is ultimitely not well funded.

Yours Truly Said:

...the media isn't necessarily neutral in all of this...or so it goes.

i certainly don't think it is. but interestingly, we probably think it's biased in the opposite directions.

Well only if you think it's biased to the 'left', as I believe the true biases are to the 'right', as those ads cost a whole lot of money and the real 'left' is ultimitely not well funded.

I don't view the Israeli/Palestinian issue as running along the right/left spectrum. I find the allignment on that spectrum quite odd actually.

(I'm generally left leaning politically, but on this issue I tend to side with those who are on the right politically, at least in this part of the world. I don't, however, associate myself with the Israeli right. I generally agree with the left of centre Israelis.)

but I do see the media as being pro-Palestinian. much might have something to to do with the U.N. which is very clearly anti Israel.

I was talking media in general.

I don't see how, with the fighting gone on as it has recently, the media could be pro-israel on this one.

If You can't bomb Hamas without killing innocents, why not send in troops instead of slaughter people just for living where they do, caged in and helpless.

It's not like Israel doesn't have troops enfringing on Palestinean territory as it is anyway.

I can understand why the UN would be anti-israel, as Israel declared independance from the UN partition and has continually expanded their territory by force since.

It's reasonable.

Guest Low Roller

If anyone reads the Ottawa Citizen, National Post, Montreal Gazette, Calgary Herlad, or any news source owned by Astral Media, you're more than likely only getting half of the story. The Asper family is widely known to have deep roots in the B'Nai Brith movement and has been accused of changing or even censoring any news items that are anti-Israeli. You'll notice that you will never read about "occupied territories" when refering to the illegal Israeli settlements only "disputed territories". There are numerous other examples of such partisan dissemination of information.

the above noted newspapers are decidely pro-Israel. I find the Globe to be more/less impartial. CBC leans in the other direction.

The UN is anti-Israel in a very dramatic and unfair way. they get special treatment that other, numerous, countries do not get. they are held to a different standard than the rest of the world.

And the UN voted for partition in 1947 (48?). Israel accepted those borders and declared independence. Israel "expanded" it's territory as the result of wars. that is no different than what has happend all over the world historically. Israel is willing to give up territories for peace as outlined in UN resoluations. they did it with Egypt. they need peace and security guaranteed though. Hamas want to destroy Israel - not a potential peace partner.