Jambands.ca

Best Male POP Vocalist

phishtaper

one vocalist that matches or beats Freddy(sic) Freddie is Jeff Buckley.

You have got to be fucking kidding. Based on what? Which one of his two albums? No disrespect to Buckley, I like him very much. But you're wrong.

None of those two washed-up womanizing drunks have the range of Buckley, or to a lesser extend, "Freddy."

Why the quotes? He spelled his name Freddie.

Maybe you should make a thread "Who has a good range as a vocalist."

Also,

You have got to be fuÇking kidding. Based on what? Which one of his two albums?

None of those two washed-up womanizing drunks have the range of Buckley' date=' or to a lesser extend, "Freddy."[/quote']

Why the quotes? He spelled his name Freddie.

Maybe you should make a thread "Who has a good range as a vocalist."

Also,

You have got to be fuÇking kidding. Based on what? Which one of his two albums?

Yes.

Hmmmmm...I have a tough time seeing anyone trying to pass Freddie as a "POP" vocalist and not "J-Buckley"

I would also disagree with not putting J-Buckley on par with Freddie...making note of his albums is useless as we lost the great man at a very young recording career...

Freddie was active from around 1970 pretty much until his untimely death in 1991...over 20yrs. J-Buckley was active for all of 5 or 6 years and posthumously there have been very few artist to reach his level of acclaim...

Presently, a young guy from the Faroe Islands and a friend of mine has one of the most fantastic voices I have heard. Teitur, recently won his second "Male Vocalist of The Year" European Grammy for his work on his latest album "The Singer" and I find it to be one of the most fantastic albums in many, many years...miles away from the mounds of shit we are forced to listen to every day...

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D

here's my rebuttal to whatever you post (in chronological order, limited to just the poppier songs):

Seven Seas of Rhye

Killer Queen

In The Lap of the Gods

Lily of the Valley

Bring Back that Leroy Brown

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon

You're My Best Friend

Seaside Rendezvous

Love of My Life

I'll stop at 1975 (after 4 albums) to make this a bit more fair. :)

Reason's? We like his voice? Kinda Missing the point here? You know of nothing Jeff Buckley has ever done? Never heard of the guy? I simply don't believe Freddie Mercury could fall into the "POP" category any more easily than Jeff Buckley. MANY people believe JB to have one of if not the greatest male singing voice ever...many would put Freddie in the top spot, or Sir Elton and shit, since Freddie Mercury sang in the "POP" band Queen, I can't see why the lead singer of the "POP" band Led Zeppelin; Robert Plant shouldn't be on that list too...

Do you need your OPINION to be the greatest and most true? Then you got it...rewrite the recordbook: Michael Jackson is no longer the King of Pop...that now belongs to...Freddie Mercury?

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D

***accomplishments:

-"The Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time"". rollingstone.com. 2003-11-18

-"Q Magazine - 100 greatest songs of all time October 2006"". Q Magazine. October 2006

-"The RS 500 Greatest Songs of All Time"". Rolling Stone. 2004-12-09

-"RIAA Gold and Platinum records"". Recording Industry Association of America

-"ARIA Charts — Accreditations - 2006 Albums"". Australian Recording Industry Association

AND MANY OTHERS...BUT WHO GIVES A SHIT...THEIR JUST OPINIONS...