Jambands.ca

Westboro Baptist Motherfuckers at it again

Kanada Kev

I know these people are batshit crazy. However, this shit just makes me bang my head against the wall. How can people be this way?

I find it odd that they'd use a Michael Jackson composition too since they must have HATED him too. The ending is particularly disturbing when a toddler starts to sing the brainwashed lyrics.

Fuckers also wave the Canadian flag UPSIDE DOWN in the background too.

I sometimes think about the perfect response. It would involve fewer than 200 people - that would be the outer limits of the Westboro congregation numbers, as I understand them - and one person would be paired up with one person in that group of people, and would not let go. It would be, ideally, a Gandhian, non-violent kind of thing, where each interlocutor refused to let go of the conversation, but insisted on conversation per se, but it would call on the ability of each human being in that group to start thinking for him/herself rather than defaulting to the authoritarian shite that would otherwise pass for "reason". Less persistence has passed for love.

But maybe this is the failure of the countervailing perspective, not to be able to cough up the 200 people with more or less the same point of view, procedural or otherwise.

This just furthers my interest in the theory of the Westboro church as a performance art troupe with an extreme tinge of black humour. If that same video had been produced by the South Park guys we'd all be bent over laughing. That was fucking awesome.

Look up Phelps wikipedia entry if you haven't already. He started off as a civil rights attorney. Someone will make a movie of his life one day.

I agree Ollie. They are a bunch of lunatics, and are so over the top it makes you wonder if they are actually serious. From a distance they make me laugh, but I guess if you had direct contact with them they wouldn't be so funny.

"God hates the world (And yuu know he hates you)"

I'd say getting mad at these folks plays into their game more than anything else though.

Edited by Guest

I get where you're coming from Ollie. However, the images of this "troupe's" children nullify it IMHO. There's no way that kids we have seen sing those hateful lyrics and carry those appalling signs could come close to understanding that brand of black humour if it is.

Edited by Guest

I tend to agree with Hal. Getting mad at them *almost* or *in a way* legitimizes their existence. Why not shrug them off as lunatics and laugh at them... rather than taking them seriously and potentially allowing them to think they are a 'threat' to you.

This just furthers my interest in the theory of the Westboro church as a performance art troupe with an extreme tinge of black humour. If that same video had been produced by the South Park guys we'd all be bent over laughing. That was fucking awesome.

Stay in school kids.

Doesn't help that elected politicians play the same tune.

Oklahoma Republicans Ready to Blame the Recession on "Debauchery"

(Best use of the word "wingnuttery" yet.)

One would think building a proclamation of quotes from men whose heyday was back in the late 1700s to steer the path for a USA of the 21st century kind of f'ing ridiculous. These Oklahomans are as bad as those Arkansinians who were sending children adopted by gay parents into loving homes back to orphanages.

:( Crazies.

Crazies? Though not entirely debatable (I'm leaning to the crazy mindset), I find it interesting that when it's a spiritual/metaphysical explanation (intention and harmony/dissonance, hate/moral disease) of how our collective consciousness is behaving and arguably regressing, it's typical to out these 'call it as it is' fringe christian haters.

Maybe it's the 'creative license' that cxhristians add to the mix that buddhist monks treat with lighter verbiage that does it.

Though it's entirely possible and - depending on one's perspective, plausible - that our bad vibes were moved on their way by cruelly intended debauchery, I can't find it in my heart to lay the blame solely on an immoral and selfishly aligned globality.

'WHEREAS, we believe our economic woes are consequences of our greater national moral crisis; and"

I'm fine with that. get to the rest and it waters down the importance and credibility of that initial and (solely) important explanation.

Funny how Jesus' story was to show us that love and truth transcend dogma with groups like these watering down entirely powerful concepts with their dogma and exclusivity.

...makes me cringe from our collective regression - those pushing the ill will and those that choose to refute every aspect through any potentially 'conveniently' misplaced caring.

Fuckin' ruiners.