Jambands.ca

Bluesfest tonight

phorbesie

Almost forgot to mention the guy I saw get thrown out last night. He was up near the front dancing to The Dead Weather. Now he'd obviously had a few but wasn't stumbling into people and seemed composed when security gave him his first warning. A few minutes later he started dancing again and was given the boot. Brutal.

A friend of mine was refused beer service because his allergies were acting up and his eyes were red.

Kind of sickens me the praise that Mark Monaghan was giving security in a wrap up article I read in the Sun today. Lynn Saxberg wrote a piece in the Citizen last week describing them as being "not heavy handed". It's so frustrating to read stuff like that when it doesn't jive at all with what I witnessed.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't actually find them to be out of line once..... The couple of times I saw them intervene in situations it was totally warranted: fights and hard drugs.

A friend of mine got caught doing something he shouldn't have been.... they kicked him out, but turned a blind eye to him when he bought a ticket on the street and came back inside about 10 minutes later.

Well I gotta say playing on the rogers stage was pretty much the highlight of my musical career and the festival for me. its was so much fun.

Hey jonyak, if you don't mind, how much was your band paid for the gig? I'm curious what the pay scale is like for opening acts, especially the local ones.

Any other tidbits you feel like sharing from your experience would be great too!

Glad you had a great time and congratulations on the gig. Was just too early for me to make it out. ;)

last year local bands (at least the ones that I know) got $1000 + full festival passes for each member. plus beer and food vouchers on the day they're playing. plus a few guestlist spots.

don't know about this year but i'd suspect it's fairly similar. although the bands that played in the market didn't get festival passports and i doubt the payout was as generous

Well I gotta say playing on the rogers stage was pretty much the highlight of my musical career and the festival for me. its was so much fun.

Hey jonyak' date=' if you don't mind, how much was your band paid for the gig? I'm curious what the pay scale is like for opening acts, especially the local ones.

Any other tidbits you feel like sharing from your experience would be great too!

Glad you had a great time and congratulations on the gig. Was just too early for me to make it out. ;)

[/quote']

Well, we got paid $1500, got a trailer full of snacks and such, we got a food voucher for the backstage catering buffet (very good) and free beer all day... and festival passes, and backstage passes for the day. It was awesoem.

I partied a bit with the band of neko case, great guys, great band. Neko stayed in her tour bus all day. All the stage crew was awesome, great guys, happy, made us sound awesome.

I was told that by the guitarist from neko case that we need ot have a rider for next year if we get to play, because we could have gotten alot more perks than what we did apparently. they had whiskey and stellas and wine in there trailer.

not much else to tell..

Edited by Guest

don't know about this year but i'd suspect it's fairly similar. although the bands that played in the market didn't get festival passports and i doubt the payout was as generous

A friend of mines band played in the barney danson theatre, and they got the same as us, less the trailer and free beer and food.

some of the other local bands I talked to got less $ than us and not near the perks, I dunno why.

I'm so glad I got to make it up there for Drive-By Truckers. That was incredible set from them.

Thanks so much to everyone that made it happen. It was great seeing NorthernWish and Jodie, Stapes, rubberdinghy, KevO, gentlemonkey, meggo and all the others I can't remember right now because I'm still a little fogged up.