Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

Guest Low Roller

Dagger traded to St. Louis!

It was bound to happen really. He fell out of favour with Jacques Martin a long time ago, and with the way Darche and Pyatt are playing there really was no point in keeping him around.

In return the Habs get Aaron Palushaj, a 20 year old AHLer and one of St. Louis' top prospects. According to RDS he presented similar stats to Max Pacioretty with the University of Michigan.

U.Michigan en 2007-08: Palushaj (17 ans) 44 pts en 43 matchs, Pacioretty (18 ans) 39 pts en 37 matchs.

Here's hoping that Dagger gets his confidence back playing for the Blues.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

revolving-door.jpg

The Habs have called up Ben Maxwell... wait wasn't he JUST sent down like Friday??

Hopefully it has nothing to do with the fact that Plekanec left practice today with an injury, which the coach played off as not severe... HOWEVER the only way they can call up a player now is if someone goes on the injured list because they are at maximum number of roster players. Stupid Laraque.

Guest Low Roller

Found on the internet:

March 18, 2010 – CWP (Montreal) – It is often said that the worse thing a professional sports team can do is mock their opposition leading up to an important game, in particular if the opponent has nothing to lose. Well, it looks like that is exactly what the Montreal Canadiens are doing ahead of their Saturday night matchup against the struggling Toronto Maple Leafs.

“Some of the guys were saying the starters should wear flip-flops for the opening faceoff,†noted first-line center Scott Gomez, “cause it's not like we're worried about losing to these douchebags. I mean, I know you're not supposed to make fun of the other team before a game but, c'mon, look at them. The Leafs are a joke. A bad joke.â€

These are relatively meaningful comments coming from someone in a leadership role with the Canadiens in that they will undoubtedly be perceived as provocative and inflammatory by Leaf players. Generally speaking, teams don't like to provide rallying points around which ostensibly soft opponents might look to rally around.

The mocking, however, didn't stop there. Sporting Maple Leafs jerseys worn backwards or inside out, the Habs spent the better part of this morning's practice performing pratfalls, skating into each other, falling over the boards, and generally making fun of their counterparts from just down Highway 401. Speaking with his eyes crossed, popular Habs' defenceman Josh Gorges said, “Hi. I'm Dion Phaneuf. I just did a poopee in my pants,†later uncrossing his eyes and adding, “Never in my NHL career have I taken a team more lightly than I am those losers ahead of Saturday's game. We're are going to kick their teeth in. They should all just stay home and forfeit the game.â€

Although a highly unconventional way to approach a game, Canadiens head coach Jacques Martin was quick to note, “The reason Wilson [Maple Leafs head coach, Ron Wilson] is nicknamed 'Dog' is because he spends a lot of time licking his own balls. I mean, it's not like he does any coaching, is it? This is going to be the easiest pasting I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of.â€

After trampling on a Maple Leafs flag in their dressing room at the Brossard practice facility, and subsequently setting alight an effigy of newly acquired Leafs goaltender J.F. Giguere in the parking lot, the Habs settled down for a team dinner in a local steakhouse, where they merrily toasted while repeatedly chanting “Forty-three more years!â€

It certainly suggests Saturday night's matchup could be one for the ages.

Guest Low Roller

Squid's back!

He's practicing with the team today after getting a green light to train from the quacks. I still doubt that he'll play tomorrow night though.

And with the news that MAB is returning comes the news that Mara is going under the knife for shoulder repairs, meaning his dismal season is over.

Retract Maxwell and Pyatt, and there you have your team headed into the playoffs. Any bets on who is the extra player sitting out between Darche or Lapierre?

Since Roller hasnt done it yet, or figured it out for himself:

The Vancouver Canucks locked up one of their top players on Friday as Ryan Kesler agreed to terms on a six-year contract extension. The deal will keep him with the club through the 2015-16 season.

The deal will pay Kesler $5 million per season.

"Today is an exciting day for the Canucks organization," said president and general manager Mike Gillis in a media release. "Ryan Kesler has excelled as a two-way player and in his role as an alternate captain. Ryan has showcased his ability to perform under extreme pressure and we are looking forward to continuing to see Ryan develop into one of the League's premier players."

Guest Low Roller

The only way the above post is relevant (even by my standards) is to establish a benchmark for Plekanec who is slowly but surely pricing himself out of the Habs for next year.

Guest Low Roller

I'm on the fence with this one leaning towards 'hell no'.

His only use in on the powerplay, which is arguably limping right now, so it could use his slapshot.

Otherwise he serves no purpose and will impede JM's ability to roll four lines like he has during the winning streak.

Found on the internet:

March 18, 2010 – CWP (Montreal) – It is often said that the worse thing a professional sports team can do is mock their opposition leading up to an important game, in particular if the opponent has nothing to lose. Well, it looks like that is exactly what the Montreal Canadiens are doing ahead of their Saturday night matchup against the struggling Toronto Maple Leafs.

“Some of the guys were saying the starters should wear flip-flops for the opening faceoff,†noted first-line center Scott Gomez, “cause it's not like we're worried about losing to these douchebags. I mean, I know you're not supposed to make fun of the other team before a game but, c'mon, look at them. The Leafs are a joke. A bad joke.â€

These are relatively meaningful comments coming from someone in a leadership role with the Canadiens in that they will undoubtedly be perceived as provocative and inflammatory by Leaf players. Generally speaking, teams don't like to provide rallying points around which ostensibly soft opponents might look to rally around.

The mocking, however, didn't stop there. Sporting Maple Leafs jerseys worn backwards or inside out, the Habs spent the better part of this morning's practice performing pratfalls, skating into each other, falling over the boards, and generally making fun of their counterparts from just down Highway 401. Speaking with his eyes crossed, popular Habs' defenceman Josh Gorges said, “Hi. I'm Dion Phaneuf. I just did a poopee in my pants,†later uncrossing his eyes and adding, “Never in my NHL career have I taken a team more lightly than I am those losers ahead of Saturday's game. We're are going to kick their teeth in. They should all just stay home and forfeit the game.â€

Although a highly unconventional way to approach a game, Canadiens head coach Jacques Martin was quick to note, “The reason Wilson [Maple Leafs head coach, Ron Wilson] is nicknamed 'Dog' is because he spends a lot of time licking his own balls. I mean, it's not like he does any coaching, is it? This is going to be the easiest pasting I've ever had the pleasure of being a part of.â€

After trampling on a Maple Leafs flag in their dressing room at the Brossard practice facility, and subsequently setting alight an effigy of newly acquired Leafs goaltender J.F. Giguere in the parking lot, the Habs settled down for a team dinner in a local steakhouse, where they merrily toasted while repeatedly chanting “Forty-three more years!â€

It certainly suggests Saturday night's matchup could be one for the ages.

Wow! That worked really well for them now didn't it :D

Guest Low Roller

No changes in the line-up as Halak gets the start tonight. Squid and MAB might return later this week.

Four games in six nights. Better stock up your beer coolers.