Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 09/10

badams

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fack, he's good.

Off the puck was another story altogether. While he didnt make any bone-headed plays that lead to goals, he certainly looked his 20 years of age. He would chase guys around the net rather than hold his position and some of his board work was rather green.

But once he got the puck? Night and day. He almost looks too confident! His strength with one hand on his stick while holding off a defender is incredible at the pro level. I didnt quite expect to see that. He scared me at the blueline a couple of times and I would expect other teams will see these moments as opportunities when they scout via video. Have a forward force him one way, wait for the expected turn around and jump on that motherfucker, but make sure you dont miss. It's not as if there arent already forwards ontop of their own blueline defending the Habs point shot.........

I'ld rather he seasons in the minors for at least another year or two. Starve that dog, oldtime hockey styles.

But once he got the puck? Night and day. He almost looks too confident! His strength with one hand on his stick while holding off a defender is incredible at the pro level. I didnt quite expect to see that. He scared me at the blueline a couple of times and I would expect other teams will see these moments as opportunities when they scout via video. Have a forward force him one way, wait for the expected turn around and jump on that motherfucker, but make sure you dont miss. It's not as if there arent already forwards ontop of their own blueline defending the Habs point shot.........

I'ld rather he seasons in the minors for at least another year or two. Starve that dog, oldtime hockey styles.

That's what I was really referring to. Man, was he strong on the puck. It's so much fun to watch kids a kid who is actively trying be the difference on the ice, rather than just trying not to fuck up. And I completely agree with letting him develop in the minors, but not for *too* long...he looks hungry and you want to be careful not to starve the poor boy. But I totally get where your coming from.

Guest Low Roller

Remember in 2008-2009 when they were talking about Price being a potential contender for a post with Team Canada for the Olympics? That talk sure died down, eh?

Halak is #1 goalie. No question.

Guest Low Roller

Setting the bar for re-signing Price and/or Halak:

The Nashville Predators have given Pekka Rinne a two year contract extension with Year 1 being worth $2.8M and Year 2 being worth $4M. In his second season in the league he is 20-12-4 with GAA 2.80 and S% .902.

Halak has better stats than Rinne, but has played 10 less games. Meanwhile Price has essentially the same GAA, a 12-18-4 record, and a better S%.

Setting the bar for re-signing Price and/or Halak:

The Nashville Predators have given Pekka Rinne a two year contract extension with Year 1 being worth $2.8M and Year 2 being worth $4M. In his second season in the league he is 20-12-4 with GAA 2.80 and S% .902.

Halak has better stats than Rinne, but has played 10 less games. Meanwhile Price has essentially the same GAA, a 12-18-4 record, and a better S%.

He was gonna become a UFA, not an RFA... I think that makes a difference

I will be shocked if the Hans sign them both. I just don't see that happening.

I agree. If they are keeping Pleks and cant trade Hammer, consider one traded. And I think they will sign both and trade one. I will be shocked if one is traded at the deadline.

Ideally, a team comes over the top in the summer with an offer sheet in the 5-6 million range (per year) but that is just my own pipe dream or a high draft pick + great value prospect.

More ideally, they somehow keep both. Affordably.

Guest Low Roller

Barometer for re-signing Plekanec:

Matt Stajan © just signed with Calgary for four years, worth $3.5M per year. Was going to be UFA.

Matt Stajan 2009-2010

* Goals 18

* Assists 27

* Points 45

* +/- -1

* PIM 30

Tomas Plekanec 2009-2010

* Goals 17

* Assists 43

* Points 60

* +/- 4

* PIM 36

Honestly, this Boston - MTL game is so boring to these eyes. Mistake ridden, slow, low talent level. Some of these pass attempts are embarrassing.

Damn Olympics. I knew I was going to be affected, simply because I was last time, but with the advent of HD........good lord. Are they skating on slush?????

To be honest, its not the entire game and the commercials are killing the flow for me. It's more that some of the shifts are boringly bad by each team. The drive is lacking.

The Olympics ruined me.