Jambands.ca

Plastic Bags

rubberdinghy

Ok...so here's the thing...

Now that the grocery store charges a nickel for plastic bags they've gotten quite a bit larger. I found that they fit my garbage pail perfectly...Some stores (Herb and Spice) offer the bags that are now bio-degradable.

So here's the thing....all those arseholes (me included) that use the cloth bags, probably use thick ass non biodegradable garbage bags for their trash.

Now...what's better?...using cloth shopping bags and using non bio garbage bags...or just using the "new" plastic bags at the grocery store for shopping AND trash.

Who's saving the planet now, Bitches.

Or can I by carbon offsets doing this so I can continue throwing cig butts in phishtaper's car?

How long till they are charging us .02 for the clear bakery bags? I was at the store two nights ago and forgot my bags and entertained the notion of pissing them off by putting my groceries for the walk home in 4 of those suckers.

And has anyone else noticed that the "new" plastic that is used in the bags is not pliable like the old ones- and they split very easily?

I think it's all bullshit. Some genius (literally) realized that you can charge consumers for something they used to get for free by putting a "green" spin on the marketing campaign. I wonder how much this new revenue stream is bringing a company like Loblaws?

Is there any hard evidence that this is actually doing any good?

Or can I by carbon offsets doing this so I can continue throwing cig butts in phishtaper's car?

[color:purple]jeesh, all I said was that I could smell the cigarette smoke of the douche in the car in front of me. google it, bitches, i am certainly not the only one with spidey senses. although, all you potheads have likely dulled your ability to smell to the point that you couldn't smell a handful of shit if it was rubbed under your noses.

but to answer your question, yes, you may offset your carbon emission by depositing your butts in my car. :P

fwiw, i need plastic bags for poop and scoop, and I very much appreciate it when colleagues bring me their bags. but alas, the green movement is making it difficult to get bags. bastards.

I wouldn't call this hard evidence by any means, but I have noticed way more people walking around the grocery store with cloth bags now.

But the plastic bags did get way bigger, so instead of cutting down on plastic being used, i wonder if they've simply off-set it with a bigger bag.

If you don't want to use cloth bags, you can always wash your plastic grocery, freezer and sandwich bags. Throwing out plastic bags after one or two uses is foolish (unless you have a pet or two).

Oh yeah, folks can always wash cloth bags if you buy-in to what the plastic bag lobbyists are saying about bacteria.

Not that I don't want to use cloth bags...but...biodegradable plastic grocery bags are better then than regular garbage bags, no?

So I ask...should I keep paying 5 bones for plastic garbage bags that probably take forever to break down, or just a nickel per biodegradable plastic grocery bags...

WHAT'S MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY...ANSWER ME THIS!

I wouldn't call this hard evidence by any means, but I have noticed way more people walking around the grocery store with cloth bags now.

Not evidence that people are cutting down on plastic bags, but evidence that cutting down on plastics bags actually has a positive impact on the environment.

Not that I don't want to use cloth bags...but...biodegradable plastic grocery bags are better then than regular garbage bags, no?

So I ask...should I keep paying 5 bones for plastic garbage bags that probably take forever to break down, or just a nickel per biodegradable plastic grocery bags...

WHAT'S MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY...ANSWER ME THIS!

ask the clerk for 10 bio bags and watch their faces as you fold them up and put them into your

cloth bag

The use of the bag at home in the trash can does not have the same impact as throwing away 10 bags when returning from the store. That one bag would certainly have been a plastic bag anyway (a normal garbage bag).

This works IMO, I've never gone to a store with a bag in pocket before but I do now. Its not the 5 cents that gets me, its the principle.

Is this program not very similar to the beer store chargin deposit on bottles (or Macs Milk for that matter). Its up to you if you want to throw it out, or to return it and get the money.

I offer no scientific evidence, just anecdoctal stuff from my own life....

Here's something that irks me: Why is it when you bring your own cloth bags to a grocery store (and they can be the same ones sold at the store you are in) the cashier rarely bags your groceries. Is this too tough for them? Is it a mangerial policy? I don't get it.

Might it have something to do with the fact that they might not be clean and sanitary like a sparkly new plastic bag?

Like at a fast food restaurant when you want a refull and they refuse to use the same cup- even if you ask them!

Of course, this is a silly short-sighted attitude by cashiers since they handle all kinds of filthy coke-infested money all day long.

Ok...so here's the thing...

Now that the grocery store charges a nickel for plastic bags they've gotten quite a bit larger. I found that they fit my garbage pail perfectly...Some stores (Herb and Spice) offer the bags that are now bio-degradable.

So here's the thing....all those arseholes (me included) that use the cloth bags, probably use thick ass non biodegradable garbage bags for their trash.

Now...what's better?...using cloth shopping bags and using non bio garbage bags...or just using the "new" plastic bags at the grocery store for shopping AND trash.

Who's saving the planet now, Bitches.

Is the solution to buy biodegradeable kitchen garbage bags? everybody wins?

what is a bio-degradable plastic bag exactly?

is it actually made of corn or whatever, or is it just plastic that breaks down and goes into the soil and water table as plastic? I never know who to believe.

I heard some great advice a while ago, that the three R's are in order of priority: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle