Jambands.ca

Go Bulldogs Go

Booche

I searched newspapers all over today but could not find anything to report about the Bulldogs today. Damn :(

thank gawd for blogs

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 at 02:09AM

Newswire - www.mlntherawfeed.com-MONTREAL, QC – Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today that five players have been assigned to the Hamilton Bulldogs.

Of the five players, three played for Hamilton during the 2008-2009 season. Returning to the ‘Dogs are forward Ben Maxwelland defencemen Mathieu Carle and Yannick Weber. Goaltender Curtis Sanford (Vancouver Canucks – NHL / Manitoba Moose – AHL) and forward Tom Pyatt (Hartford Wolf Pack – AHL) will be joining the Bulldogs for the first time.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

I first heard about this rumour two days ago.

Just yesterday there was an interview with Don Meehan, his agent, who said he talked to Sergei and that he convinced Sergei to go to Hamilton.

We won't get much in return for him other than a low draft pick. I wonder if Gainey will risk the new force-fed team chemistry on some sort of package deal?

EDIT: It was this site that broke the news on this. Never even heard of that site before.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=293177

Sergei Kostitsyn was demoted by the Montreal Canadiens on Sunday and now his days with the club may be over.

General manager Bob Gainey told reporters on Wednesday that Kostitsyn has been suspended for refusing to report to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL and that he has asked for a trade.

Last season, the Belarussian native scored eight goals and added 15 assists for 23 points in 56 games.

According to the Montreal Gazette, there is speculation that Kostitsyn is looking at playing in the Russian-based Kontinental Hockey League.

Guest Low Roller

RDS interviewed Bulldogs head coach Guy Boucher about Sergei Kostitsyn. Boucher says that they sat down and set some short-term and medium-term goals for Sergei, and that thus far Sergei is doing "exceptionally well".

Sergei is now denying reports that he asked for a trade.

To appease Roller and show him there is never any ill will.......I am so fucking pissed at the many internet Hab fans. A huuuuuuge portion of them wanted LILTITS run out of the organization.

Check out what many are suggesting now. Here's a clue:

'Bring him back up and put him on a line with Pleks and BIGTITS.'

I couldnt understand this quick turnaround because it is completely foolish and backwards thinking. That is, until tonight when I got home. Here's my theory.

That line is great on NHL 10. At least it certainly is when I am playing. I'm about to make them my number one line. The Zoom line is going to number 2.

I mean really, is that it? It's gotta be part of the solution based on the lack of help Turtlepleks has with him in the real thing.

(yes, I smoked a little early tonight but that doesnt change anything)

Guest Low Roller

My theory on internet Hab fans suddenly going soft on Sergei goes a little like this:

After winning the first two games: "We don't need that little fuck! Trade his ass to Russia!"

After getting killed in Vancouver: "Maybe he's the solution to this free fall. Bring back Carbo too!"

Moral: Hab fans will forgive anyone if it leads to helping the team (see: Brisebois, Patrice).

Guest Low Roller
Which cries?

No one gave afuckaboutSergie. He was forgotten. I dont understand what you are getting at.

I am so fuÇking pissed at the many internet Hab fans. A huuuuuuge portion of them wanted LILTITS run out of the organization.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

The Bulldogs played at the Bell Centre tonight, and without the help of Tom Pyatt, Matt Carle, and Ryan White who are up with the Habs, and David Desharnais who is still on the IR, suffered their first regulation loss of the season after 12 games to the baby Sens. They were the only team left in the league not to suffer a regulation loss. Not a bad start to the year for the Dogs.

On the plus side P.K. Subban scored his first professional goal and received rapturous applause from the nearly 15,000 fans in attendance.

Apparently Sergei received a mixture of loud boos and supportive cheers. Before the game he predicted that he would receive boos when interviewed about it.

The two teams play tomorrow night at Scotiabank Place.

• 1 month later...
Guest Low Roller

PK Subban is going to the AHL all-star game. He is mindblowing +17 on D in 32 games. The second closest D-man for the Bulldogs is Andre Benoit with +4.

Also getting the all-star nod is backup-become-starter Cedrick Desjardins with 5 shutouts in 17 starts, 1.55 GAA, and 0.939 S%.