San Francisco, CA

Doors: 6:00 / Showtime: 7:30 PM

All Tickets General Admission

**12.31 Will Be A Special Three Set Show**

GDTSToo MailOrder Presale - 1st Postmark 10.17 Thru 10.19

MusicToday Presale 10.19 @ 9AM PT -> 10.23 @ 3PM PT

Presale Tix Above Available While Supplies Last

Outlet Onsale Starts 10.25 @ 10 AM PT

Please note all onsale, doors, showtimes subject to change!

Backpacks, bags, subject to search!

Hidden Track asked the question regarding this. What would you do?

http://www.glidemagazine.com/hiddentrack/what-would-you-do-kadleciks-dilemma/

For the past 11 years Dark Star Orchestra guitarist John Kadlecik has been a major part of the band’s epic rise through the music industry from local Dead cover band to one of the top grossing tribute acts in the country. Earlier this year, Kadlecik joined two of his heroes - Grateful Dead members Bob Weir and Phil Lesh - as part of a project called Furthur.

furthur-poster-2009-nye

Word came down today that Furthur will be playing two shows on December 30 and 31st at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco in addition of a run of shows in the New York City area earlier that month. Problem is, the Dark Star Orchestra already has a show of their own scheduled for New Year’s Eve at Rams Head Live! in Baltimore for which tickets have been on sale since September 23. Clearly Kadlecik won’t be in Baltimore and Kadlecik also had to miss some DSO shows in November. Add rumors of extensive Furthur dates in 2010 and we have a genuine dilemma.

While it must be nice to be a wanted man, I don’t envy the tough decision that Kadlecik had - or perhaps still has yet - to make: do you choose an opportunity to play with your heroes or the “family†that you built from scratch? DSO has tabbed Donna Jean Godchaux guitarist Jeff Mattson to fill in for Kadlecik in November, but there’s no word yet on who will replace Kadlecik for New Year’s. Obviously we only have limited information about this situation, but bearing that in mind - what band would you choose to play for?

DSO has been an evolving/changing collective since the beginning.

Jeff Mattson does an excellent job of delivering the early Jerry tunes (Masons Children, etc) and will be a nice change. It does not mean JK won't return. DSO has recreated JGB shows when Rob Eaton was busy in the past with other work.

I'm sure they will continue on as always and regroup when the time is right.

Jeff Mattson Joins Us For The NYE Run As Well

Posted on: October 16, 2009

We would like to let you know that Jeff Mattson of the Donna Jean Godchaux Band will also join us for the NYE run from Norfolk, to Richmond and into Baltimore for 2 nights. We are looking forward to mixing it up with Jeff and blowing it out for New Years. Out of respect for Furthur, we were waiting for them to announce their plans for New Years first so that we could then relay this information to all of you. We're wrapping up our tour in CO this weekend and are looking forward to seeing you all in the east starting on Nov. 6th in Albany.

While it must be nice to be a wanted man, I don’t envy the tough decision that Kadlecik had - or perhaps still has yet - to make: do you choose an opportunity to play with your heroes or the “family†that you built from scratch?

Bullshit..... Easy decision! Play in the cover band, or play with the members of the band you are covering? The members of Dark Star would be idiots to not understand that.

Maybe if you were a Deadhead in another very popular original band and was offered a position by the members of the Grateful Dead into their band. That would be a tough decision!

the “family†that you built from scratch

The "flamily" that he "built from scratch" was actually built by the family who he will now be playing with seeing that they play only their songs.

• 5 weeks later...

Jeff Mattson does an excellent job of delivering the early Jerry tunes (Masons Children, etc) and will be a nice change. It does not mean JK won't return. DSO has recreated JGB shows when Rob Eaton was busy in the past with other work.

I obviously don't know my ass from a hole in the ground!

from JK's website:

Most of you know by now that Phil Lesh and Bob Weir have asked me to play with their new band: Furthur. Needless to say, this was a great honor and the first three shows were A LOT of fun! However, I cannot in good conscience divide my time and energy between DSO and Furthur and I feel it would be a disservice to all parties involved. So after careful consideration, I have resigned from Dark Star Orchestra and my last performance as a member of DSO will be December 5th in Buffalo, New York. I am fully supportive of and honored by the remaining members' desire to continue and I wish them all the best in their future endeavors. To all of you: "I love you more than words can tell..."

Sincerely,

John Kadlecik

I really need to get down to Buffalo !

Best of luck John...you deserve it brother :)

Jeff Mattson does an excellent job of delivering the early Jerry tunes (Masons Children' date=' etc) and will be a nice change. [b']It does not mean JK won't return. DSO has recreated JGB shows when Rob Eaton was busy in the past with other work.

I obviously don't know my ass from a hole in the ground!

from JK's website:

Most of you know by now that Phil Lesh and Bob Weir have asked me to play with their new band: Furthur. Needless to say, this was a great honor and the first three shows were A LOT of fun! However, I cannot in good conscience divide my time and energy between DSO and Furthur and I feel it would be a disservice to all parties involved. So after careful consideration, I have resigned from Dark Star Orchestra and my last performance as a member of DSO will be December 5th in Buffalo, New York. I am fully supportive of and honored by the remaining members' desire to continue and I wish them all the best in their future endeavors. To all of you: "I love you more than words can tell..."

Sincerely,

John Kadlecik

I really need to get down to Buffalo !

Best of luck John...you deserve it brother :)

Tickets purchased the other day (even before I knew this was going to be his last show...although I had made sure that he was indeed playing with them that night)...

Hopefully they'll serve it up real good.

I'm surprised that nobody is talking about seeing any of these shows!

12/08/09 - Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY

12/09/09 - Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY

12/11/09 - Oakdale Theatre (Formerly Chevrolet Theatre), Wallingford, CT

12/12/09 - Convention Hall, Asbury Park, NJ

12/13/09 - Convention Hall, Asbury Park, NJ