Jambands.ca

TRIBUTE TO THE GRATEFUL DEAD (LIVE) TORONTO : NOVEMBER 7th

hondo

email_sender.gif

MARS HOTEL (A LIVE GRATEFUL DEAD TRIBUTE BAND)

Hot as a pistol and cool inside, this group complete with 2 drummers summons up the sounds of past Grateful Dead gems and live improvisation. Fueled by their love for the dance floor and true GD inspiration, this band is sure to get your bones shakin' and your feet stompin'.

THE GRATEFULLY DEADICATED SOUNDSYSTEM

Throughout the evening you will hear live Grateful Dead music mixed into a seamless set. The Gratefully Deadicated Soundsystem represents a unique mix of legendary GD songs and jams from memorable concerts woven together to create the ultimate Grateful Dead experience. Tracks are selected from the high quality CD and DAT library of the Gratefully Deadicated Soundsystem collection consisting of over 600 concerts.

Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 9:00pm

The Elmocambo, 464 Spadina Avenue

Doors 9pm , $10 door

MARS HOTEL (A LIVE GRATEFUL DEAD TRIBUTE BAND)

Holy shit. If this is the Kingston band from the late 1980's, or parts, then lookthefuckout. They had a couple of serious players. They were my first obsessive bar band!

Matt Something Or Other was an insanely good guitar player. I dont think I ever registered his last name in my brain but he had so many fucking killer leads in seemingly every song, at every moment.

These guys are from Toronto, not Kingston. I saw them a few years back....freakin' awesome!! 2 Drums, Rhodes, sick guitars and a hard core bass

Last time I saw them, they did 2 long motha-f'n sets. Real hard core stuff. Dark Stars, bird songs...a whole wack. check em if you're in town. I think they have the grateful dead DJ with them again.

Matt Something Or Other was an insanely good guitar player. I dont think I ever registered his last name in my brain but he had so many fucking killer leads in seemingly every song, at every moment.

Matt James - but I'm pretty sure he's out in BC these days. No, I'd call it a fairly safe bet that it's not that band whatsoever (though Bonz does live in Toronto...).

(Agreed on his playing, though!)

Incidentally there will be a new Grateful Dead tribute band in Kingston in the coming weeks ... all acoustic! I'll be doing guitar and mandolin and vocals. Roger Eccleston, former brewmaster at the Kingston Brewing Company and current librarian at the Musical Instrument Lending Library is on bass and vocals. The rest will be announced shortly ...