Jambands.ca

Girls hate Rush, but...

PhishyK

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only member with any talent, was when Warren Cromartie of the Expos, would sit in the band once in a while.

I'm convinced that the only reason Honeymoon Suite had any success was that the mullet crowd of southern Ontario were revolting against the corporate rock sylings of Rush.

Put a fork into Rush and turn them over.

R-O-C-K

Kooky:

Please see my post above about Kelly_Anne. Just ignore those posts. Kelly_Anne is an alter-ego of someone, and those posts are only intended to irritate without offering anything of substance. They are the ramblings of someone with nothing better to do, with the only goal being to create conflict.

Don't bother to take the bait.

SM

Every member of Rush is incredibly skilled, especially Geddy. His songwriting and singing, combined with crispy, unique picked basslines AND footpedal keyboards to boot are unmatched in the entire world of music.

Doesn't Neil Peart handle songwriting duties for Rush?

whats the deal with your avatar...its been tickling by brain since i joined the forums...i keep thinking that its from an old tv show?

Classic SNL. It's an old Phil Hartman character, known as "Cirroc", The Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. (I don't go by "Cirroc", though.)

Neil peart does all the lyrics. I may be mistaken to say 100% for every song...if anything, a large portion of their lyrics come from him.

I knew it was phil hartman!!! thanks for scratching that itch. (i know its the wrong thread, but that was a cool video of lahey you posted)

Anyway...Enough of this thread. i'm gonna go see hitch hikers guide tonight.

peace everyone!

I hate Bush and Rush...

you cut me deep del, cut me deep. :(

just for the record. rush kicks ass. i remember seeing the one time in montreal, or was it manitoba? whatever in was in canada somewhere. it's pretty much all the same up there.

oh ya.......

"The world weighs on my shoulders

But what am I to do?

You sometimes drive me crazy

But I worry about you

I know it makes no difference

To what you're going through

But I see the tip of the iceberg

And I worry about you...

"

Neil writes the lyrics, Geddy and Alex write the music, pretty much 100% of the time.

Since I became a more serious musician Alex has risen to the musical top of Rush for me.

I now find Neil's playing quite boring, and though Geddy is awesome, I've never really liked his tone.

Though when I was 14...well, you couldn't say a thing against Rush to me. I owned 12 tapes, and they were all of Rush's albums. I listened to them incessently and chronologically.

Now I own Hemispheres, A Farewell To Kings, and Signals, and that's it. The only one I really really miss is Caress Of Steel (and maybe side two of Moving Pictures).

But really, who cares what I think, let's rock!

Archived