Jambands.ca

Girls hate Rush, but...

PhishyK

I think they're the best Canadian classic rock band of all time.

Coming from BC and living in Toronto, songs like Lakeside Park and Spirit of Radio just fill me with Toronto nostalgia. I will always be filled with fond memories of summertime at the CNE when I hear that opening drum riff from Lakeside Park.

Not to mention Tom Sawyer is one of the rockinest riff songs EVER in the whole world!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Phishy K:

hey Mr Musicface - what's new with the SethScene? Are you guys selling out bars in Prague and Amsterdam yet?

Guelph maybe, but hey little steps right? [Wink]

quote:

3 cheers for esplanade biermarket!!!

hiphip - HOORAY

hiphip - HOORAY

hiphip - HOOORAAAAAY!!!

Ooooo, hiphip hooray indeed! Been a while since I've been to the lovely markt, when were you thinking?

- M.

There's no such thing as a girl who truly likes Rush!!!!!!! [smile]

Craig - of course I remember you bro. You were one of the kindest guys I've met in a long time actually. It really shows that you *don't* live in the big smoke! It was nice to hang with a relaxed guy like you.

DUDE. Any drummers out there that can bust the opening riff from Lakeside Park?

Hah, you know I must say that I find it extremely interesting that the statement "Girls hate Rush" seems to have generated much more general ire than the statement "Rush sucks." There's a sociology paper in there somewhere...

As the guy who feels like he's been acclaimed as head Rush defender on this board for some reason, I can say in my experience as a Rush fan for 20-odd years that I have known many, MANY female Rush fans. Some, to be fair, like Rush 'cus their boyfriend/husband does, but hey we could say that about a lot of bands and a lot of other things - spouses often have common interests, and if they're music lovers those will naturally include music. That said, I've also known a number of women who liked Rush purely "on their own" if you will, who have bought their own concert tickets and waited in line for the store to open to get their copy of "Roll The Bones" the first day it came out and so on. And there were about a dozen or so women out of a crowd of about 100 or so the DVD premiere the other night.

Certainly men at a Rush concert outnumber the ladies, probably in about the same ratio as the girls outnumber the guys at the all the Ani DiFranco & Tori Amos concerts I've been to. But to say only women like Ani or Tori is just as silly a generalization - I happen to love them both.

- M.

• 1 year later...

rush is not classic rock.

rush is classic canadian prog rock...

zeppelin is classic rock

the stones are classic rock

van morrison is classic rock.

rush is rush. they're a classic but they're lumped into 'classic rock' by a stroke of fallable logic.

they're pretty cool...but a lot of bands are pretty cool.

that peart dude sure has a lot of drums and cymbals...wow...shiny...

Archived