Jambands.ca

Cool Christmas Tunes?

zero

My parents bought a cd of Christmas tunes all by a steel drum orchestra on a cruise- and I hated it for several years. That was 15 years ago and if I don't hear it every Christmas it just ain't same. There is something strangley satisfying about picturing those tunes being played by shirtless islanders, with a fruity frozen drink and a spliff that makes them so nice...

• 1 year later...

http://therealbigrockcandymountain.blogspot.com/

So. Here we go. Our Xmas/Holiday/whatever begins now. Daily posts!!!! Joyful and fucked-up garage, punk, Country, Blues, and Soul Xmas tunes from here til Shane MacGowan's birthday (December 25th for the more traditional amongst us). Sick of the Wal-Mart Holiday crap? Sick of hearing the same damn "traditional" tunes over and over again. We're the cure for your Blue Yule. We've done this for god (goddess, etc.) knows how long, and the schtick is that we don't repeat anything we've posted before. But...and there's always a but....we have no problem re-posting some of the classics we've done before. You just have to ask....So kick back, pour yourself a festive beverage, and enjoy this year's round of Holiday, non-traditional goodness. Our Best-Of list follows this madness between Xmas and New Year's.

Let's get goin' then, shall we?