Jambands.ca

Hamilton KICKS ASS!

shainhouse

Wow, our scene in this city sure has stepped it up in the past six months!

We got weekyl gigs like:

Sanzwill (sat @ Polo's)

Dubmatic (Thurs @ PJC)

Smoothies (Fri @ 33 Hess)

Always good jazz and blues @ Mermain Lounge and 33 Hess plus all the fantastic weekly shows at Pepper Jack's and occasionally the Home and Underground.

wow, this city is turning into the jam haven of Ontario!

I fully agree that Pepper Jacks was designed as a restaurant and only lately been coverted into a live music venue, but Shane, Greg and Ken have done a good job with the sound system and the ambience in the place, and nothing beats some of the food they got on that menu!

AS for traditional live music venues, 33 Hess is small but nice and the Tivoli Theatre is gorgeous. It just has to book more live bands. Godspeed You Black Emporer is coming soon but that's all on the horizon...

laters-

quote:

Originally posted by shainhouse:

I fully agree that Pepper Jacks was designed as a restaurant and only lately been coverted into a live music venue, but Shane, Greg and Ken have done a good job with the sound system and the ambience in the place, and nothing beats some of the food they got on that menu!

Agreed. They've done a great job. I wasn't looking to go after Pepper Jack's in particular or anywhere else for that matter. I appreciate what we have. Hopefully though, we can discuss dreams of things being even better without it being interpreted as a put-down to what's there.

You gotta be careful around here... [Wink]

The owners and staff at Mermaid's Lounge totally loved the crowd and the tunes at the amazing Hiway Freeker show on Saturday night...

personally, I so enjoyed groovin at Mermaid's then cruising down the street to Polo's for Sanzwill and back... almost too much fun!! my head was spinning!

Great to hear that Sanzwill has become the Saturday night house band at Polo's... good times to come for sure!

I know Mermaid's will be interested in doing more Saturday night jam shows so it looks like the local scene is open to yet again expand...

Pepperjack's is growing more comfortable every week... people are starting to find their "spot" in the club... its getting really comfortably vibed

33 Hess is always a great time

nice [big Grin]

Hamilton rocks! [smile]

quote:

Now, if we only had a decent *live music* venue

i agreed marco sort of i think Pepper Jack's is a decent live venue but its not as good as the casban. it not built live room. to bad the casbah fucked it up. maybe in 5-10 we at Pepper Jack's can build a live room. maybe even buy fever and have it in there!!

that sounds like a good idea.

Archived