NFL Playoffs

peipunk

Week 2 points:

1 Rustico Rockets 87

2 The Unified Scene 79

3 badams 61

4 Tom Brady's Love Child 48

5 HB Toss Left 46

Edit: I don't think those pts show the multipliers, so those week 2 numbers aren't completely accurate. Overall is right though i think.

Updated overall standings:

The Unified Scene 195

Rustico Rockets 180

badams 176

HB Toss Left 134

Tom Brady's Love Child 111

Edited by Guest

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jets result was a surprise but it didn't totally shock me. I'm done cheering for the Chargers anyway -- haven't really liked them since Rivers took over. Guy is talented but I find him so unlikeable.

At this point I'm patiently waiting for you to jump off the Patriots bandwagon as well. I'm assuming your Saints jersey is in the mail :)

The Vikings humiliating the Cowboys was my SuperBowl, it's all gravy from here. That game was pure joy. Brooking's temper tantrum at the end will sustain me for months. Anyone but the Jets at this point (for some reason I just don't hate Peyton as much as I used too, maybe Eli is just too good of a lightning rod for me)

I'm having a hard time picking who I'd rather see win the NFC. Both stories are so good but Brett somehow pulling it off would be a hilarious fuck you to the world and I love that kind of crap.

I don't think the Vikings will be the same without Ray Edwards (any word on his injury?) and all advanatages in regard to line play that they enjoyed at home will now be the Saints. Too many weapons, the dome is too loud, the Saints are taking this one.

I cant wait until the Super Bowl is over because I am anxious for the Will He Or Wont He pins'n'needles articles involving Brett. Those are the best.

I dont have any hated teams left but I also havent watched much NFL this season compared to years passed. I kinda hope Peyton 'greatest qb ever' Manning wins because alot of you Rich Stadium suzies hate on him for no good reason.

Yeah.

Go Peyton.

I have seen a lot of Minnesota and NO this year and right now I will give the edge to the Saints just for having home field. Both teams have looked at times unstoppable and other times vulnerable throughout the year, but they both look good right now. Anything can happen, any given Sunday...

-Minnesota is the only team I don't want to win

-yes Booche Peyton Manning is the greatest QB ever

-can you imagine the look on Rex Ryan's face if the Jets pull out another one? Can't see it happening, but it would be great.

In my opinion Joe Montana is still the best QB ever but simply because of playoff performances. Montana statistically regular season is eclipsed by Peyton but playoffs.........

Montana

460 of 734 with 5772 yards and 45 TDs with 21 Ints, QB rating 95.3 and 3, yes 3 Super Bowl MVPs and won all 4 Super Bowls he played in.

vs

Peyton (not including this Sunday)

348 of 565 with 4207 yards and 22 TD with 17 Ints, QB rating 84.8 and 1 Super Bowl MVP (that really should have been awarded to his running backs)

Montana was soooo clutch, Peyton still has time though.

Looks like my days of trying to bait Badams are over.

Hey! I love Marino but I'm not an idiot.

Manning is one of the best ever but I still think he whines too much. He still has some years to play so who knows what his stats will be or how many Super Bowls he will have before his career is over.

Hey! I love Marino but I'm not an idiot.

Manning is one of the best ever but I still think he whines too much. He still has some years to play so who knows what his stats will be or how many Super Bowls he will have before his career is over.

As to the whining thing, I feel like I saw a lot more quarterbacks doing the same thing this year. Philip Rivers is notorious for jawing at people, Brett Favre had a hissy fit at his coach, Cutler is a big fucking baby all over the place, etc., etc. I don't think Peyton stands out as much in that respect any more, although maybe he used to.

Edited by Guest
screw you sloth

As to the whining thing, I feel like I saw a lot more quarterbacks doing the same thing this year. Philip Rivers is notorious for jawing at people, Brett Favre had a hissy fit at his coach, Cutler is a big fucking baby all over the place, etc., etc. I don't think Payton stands out as much in that respect any more, although maybe he used to.

You lost all credibility when you spelled Peyton wrong. Go back to drinking rum and eating lobsters!

FOXBOROUGH, MA—Following a 33-14 drubbing at the hands of the Baltimore Ravens, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady admitted that his team deserved to be booed, but said that "to suffer jeers from shortsighted brainless front-runners like Patriots fans was both laughable and pathetic." "The Ravens outplayed us here today, but I'm sorry, fuck all of you," Brady said to the Patriots' fan base, noting that the concept of a true Patriots fan was "barely even existent." "There's no doubt we could have executed better, just like there's no doubt those 68,756 slavering fair-weather pieces of shit in the stands have less right than anyone else to point that out. And if they have a problem with that, they should feel absolutely free to go fuck themselves." Brady added that, next to Pats fans, the Boston fans cheering for the Celtics' gang of johnny-come-lately mercenaries were the saddest fucking thing he'd ever seen.

John Clayton's List Of Greatest NFL QBs

1. Johnny Unitas, Baltimore Colts and San Diego Chargers: Unitas opened the eyes of coaches who loved running the football and playing defense. He taught the NFL that a smart quarterback could lead a passing attack from the field and become the ultimate field general.

2. Joe Montana, Playing for Bill Walsh's 49ers, Montana made the West Coast offense a household word in the NFL. With four Super Bowl rings, it could be argued he's No. 1.

3. Otto Graham, Cleveland Browns: Most football fans under the age of 50 aren't familiar with him, but Graham was a great passer. He starred in the 1940s and 1950s, but he could have played with this generation of quarterbacks. Counting the Browns' play in the old All-America Football Conference (AAFC) -- as recognized by the Pro Football Hall Of Fame -- he guided the team to 10 division or league crowns in 10 years.

4 John Elway, Denver Broncos: He won two Super Bowls in his final two seasons to legitimize one of the NFL's greatest careers. He led the Broncos to five Super Bowl appearances.

5. Brett Favre, Atlanta Falcons, Green Bay Packers, New York Jets and Minnesota Vikings: He's throwing as well at the age of 40 as he was when he was in his early 30s. Another Super Bowl ring could put him ahead of Elway.

6. Dan Marino, Miami Dolphins: Marino had one of the greatest arms in the history of the game. It's a shame he went to only one Super Bowl. He was the ultimate passer and leader on the field.

7. Tom Brady, New England Patriots: His three Super Bowl rings and 14-4 playoff record ranks him ahead of Peyton Manning, but Manning is on the rise.

8. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts: Manning has changed the game with his ability to work out of the shotgun and run a no-huddle offense. He is on the verge of jumping closer to the top five and possibly the top three in the next couple of seasons.

9. Terry Bradshaw, Pittsburgh Steelers: Because the Steelers won their first two Super Bowls relying on the Steel Curtain defense and a solid running game, Bradshaw might have slipped through the cracks among the all-time greats. In their third and fourth Super Bowl wins, the Steelers were a fine passing team under Bradshaw.

10. Bart Starr, Green Bay Packers: Starr was the perfect leader for the perfect dynasty. He was the offensive leader who made it all work.

I like that list a whole lot, except Tom fucking Brady. I know hes won 3 Bowls- but was it because he was that great or because of his supporting cast and coaches?

Alright I hate Brady, maybe he was that good. But I'm sure glad he isn't anymore....

And I think I'd switch Graham and Marinos positions. I watched Marinos comeback victory against the Jets from November 1994 on NFL Network recently (the fake spike game). Has there ever been a passer able to fade over the corners shoulder and into his WR hands with such beauty? I think not.

On a rope'd.