Jambands.ca

Where to buy a TV in Ottawa?

Northern Wish

If you get an antennae and pull in HD signals off air then you will definitely notice the 1080p. The same goes for a properly connected bluray player.

From what I know, most of the bradcast TV that you get via cable/sat is coming in at 720.

Yes, and live sports and many TV programs come in at 1080i, and this will not change in the near and fairly distant future.

And if it comes down to good value, I'd get a plasma over LCD.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the TV running off an extension cord and saw a weird dark green line running from bottom to top, but its only noticeable when the screen is dark....

Called Audiotronic and they told me its due to dirty power and that I should be using a Phase 1 power bar at around $100.

Being well aware of the Monster cables argument- is there a cheaper option and where can I find it in Ottawa?

Nine times out of ten, someone asking for advice does not take the advice.

Originally I asked where to buy a TV in Ottawa, not what type.....I even indicated plasma and that I was looking for the best price.

With the new LEDs making their way out, I figure this is a beautiful but cheap holdover until I invest in the new technology in a year or so.

I don't have $3000 for a new TV now, but I will in the very near future.