Jambands.ca

Where to buy a TV in Ottawa?

Northern Wish

LCD 120 hz will be old news soon, with LED taking over. plasma is great for refresh but only really good if you don't have a bright room.

if you end up getting an LCD, 120HZ or 240HZ are your options.

I have to say that SAMSUNG has been killing with their panels in the last few years.

The best set I have seen so far in person was the Samsung 50" Plasma model. But there is now way we are dropping $1500+....

i chose the PN650 and it is fantastic but the room has no windows to let light in. Now, it was much more than $1599 18 mths ago. They have certainly come waaaaay down in price.

ps, it was purchased at Breault & Martineau in gatineau. They sold it minus GST + PST.We had it delivered to Ottawa, and there is some sort of trick where they don't have to charge you taxes if you are shopping out of province and have the item delivered, PLUS the retailer cannot have a shop in your province either. It's up to you to pay the taxes to your province. I'm not sure if they'll always do that, but they wanted to make the sale and that was the only way for them to beat the Futureshop price.

I'll be getting the HD pack- will I notice it there too or just for 'grabbed' signals?

Found a 47" at BBuy thats $1500 but Audiotronic has it for $950. With BBuys Price Match that would make it $850. Its an LCD at 720.

Starting to think from what I'm being told- that I should just save some money now, buy a good deal and really invest in the new LEDs in a year or so when I have a bit more of a budget. ???