Jambands.ca

2 nights w/ Drive-By Truckers in T.O.

NewRider

Last night was the most fun I've had at a concert in a long time. I really didn't expect to hear Box Of Spiders. That song hasn't been played in over a year. Great night. Big thanks to BradM and phorbesie, you guys rock!

Edited by Guest

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top three things I liked about Lee's Palace:

1.Drive-By Truckers

2.Drive-By Truckers

3.The sound system (honestly, it sounded great, imo)

Awesome time that's for sure. Having a complete stranger hugging & high-fiving me on the second night was hilarious. Apparently, the first night I stood on Bloor street with my hand up lookin for high-fives - as he described it "you were standing there near the tour bus ripped, asking for high-fives from everyone and grumblin' how they could go fuck themselves when they didn't (in a fun way). I had to high-five you after that!" - Honestly, I have no memory of doing that. Needless to say, the second night I laid off the shots.

Huge thanks to Craig & Sari for gettin' me back to Hamilton both nights, you guys rock.

I have some more to write, but just don't have the clarity for it right now.

I only could go to the first night as I needed to study for my final exam at McMaster this week.

It was the first time I'd seen the Drive-By Truckers headline a gig I had seen them several times at Farm Aid and at bonnaroo over the years (2002, 2005, 2008 and 2009).

I enjoyed the gig though I was still a bit tired from work and my weekend in Miami where I saw Paul McCartney and Leon Russell. I think I'm getting old.

I was especially happy with "Ronnie & Neil" for obvious reasons.

Peace,

Tim

Was a very cool show (Tuesday night)!! Kept thinking I oughta go back to the bar and get another beer, but every song seems to end with a climax, and I kept thinking, okay, that's gotta be the end, and then they'd go into another one, which would also climax. I keep forgetting this about DBT, how, when they get going, they just rock SO HARD! It seems they're one band who really do like playing, and totally give the audience their money's worth...and then some!!

And it's always a blast to see some old buddies - Aaron, Greg, Amber, Brad, Craig and Sari...can't believe I missed you Timmy.

On a side note, I can't believe I've been under the impression that I had somehow locked myself out of jambands.ca for the past 3?-years, and I just now figured out how to get back in (and it was so easy)...DOH!!!