Jambands.ca

2 nights w/ Drive-By Truckers in T.O.

NewRider

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee's just put in a killer new soundsystem a few months ago and on the two night runs (Hold Steady, Built To Spill, DBT) the douchitude is really cut down because people pick one or the other (typically)- also the bands really stretch out on the setlists.

Lee's just put in a killer new soundsystem a few months ago and on the two night runs (Hold Steady, Built To Spill, DBT) the douchitude is really cut down because people pick one or the other (typically)- also the bands really stretch out on the setlists.

Hopefully the same can be said for the 'douchitude' I've witnessed on the part of the staff there (particularly soundguy and security). That was quite some time ago mind you.

It's the same old school bartenders who seem to genuinely lighten up a bit on the more rocking shows. The security's new and they seem like good guys to me. No idea about the sound guy but I'd say it's fairly different then when you were last there. I mean the Hold Steady and Built To Spill (?) had guitar techs and racks of guitars which I presume were handled well by the front of house guy cause it sounded awesome.