Jambands.ca

2 nights w/ Drive-By Truckers in T.O.

NewRider

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to the show from saturday right now. HOB show is kick ass as well.

Drive-By Truckers

The Electric Factory

Philadelphia, PA

04/03/2010

Disc I

01. You're Woman Is A Livin' Thing Intro

02. After The Scene Dies

03. Get Downtown

04. (It's Gonna Be) I Told You So

05. This Fuckin' Job

06. Sinkhole

07. Self Destructive Zones

08. The Company I Keep

09. 3 Dimes Down

10. Daddy Learned To Fly

11. Birthday Boy

12. Girls Who Smoke

13. Eyes Like Glue

14. The Living Bubba

Disc II

01. Zoloft

02. A Ghost To Most

03. Everybody Needs Love

04. Puttin' People On The Moon

Encore:

05. You Got Another*

06. 18 Wheels Of Love*

07. Zip City*

08. Let There Be Rock*

09. Shut Up And Get On The Plane*

10. Angels and Fuselage*

* Todd Beene from Lucero sitting in on pedal steel

It was pretty good. In terms of set scheduling, Langhorne Slim went on about 8:40pm and played about 45 minutes. Truckers hit the stage about 9:45pm and played until 12:15am. Of what we got, standouts in my memory include "Marry Me", "Hell No, I Ain't Happy", "My Fourth Night Of Drinking", "Self-Destructive Zones", "Gravity's Gone".

The cool merch item was a poster for the two Lee's shows for $20, $35 for the autographed-by-the-band edition.

Aloha,

Brad

The show was awesome! Guitar Man Upstairs near the end nearly blew my face off!!

We had tickets to both DBT and Deer Tick last night, thinking we'd skip out at 11 and head to the 'shoe for Deer Tick (who started an hour and fifteen later than DBT), and knowing we are coming back for night 2 of DBT ... what were we thinking?!? Couldn't leave Lee's - too much rock!! :)

See ya tonight, at the ROCK SHOW!

oh man that was fucking great. Glad to hear there's going to be some new DBT fans on the board. I think it is so awesome that so many of the CTMF crowd can stick together the way we do. I really love running into all you guys, I don't get to do it enough anymore. Highlight for me was, 18 Wheels of Love. It was packed in there. We pissed off a couple people making our way to the front. When we first pushed up front a lady behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "you're not going to stand there are you?" I said "No, I'll be dancing here, don't worry it's a rock show, everything is going to work out." She had her arms crossed the whole show.

Yeah I had a good night as well. It was definitely packed in there...almost a little too much for my liking, but I was glad to see a successful draw.

My highlight was probably My Sweet Annette. Neff on the pedal steel for that tune in particular was just beautiful. I would have liked to have heard a little more from him actually.

It was my first time hearing many of the songs played (presumably off of their latest album that was officially released last night). This Fuckin Job stood out as a new favourite for me.

We had contemplated plunging to the front a couple of times to join the likes of Craig, Sari and Newrider who all looked like they were having a blast, but there wasn't much space to be had.

Anyways, all and all a great night. Nice to see so many of you folks, however briefly.

And thanks for the ride TimmyB!! Much appreciated.

Out of order and not my list

Drag The Lake Charlie

Get Downtown

Girls Who Smoke

Daddy Learned To Fly

The Fourth Night Of My Drinking

Birthday Boy

The Wig He Made Her Wear (I think)

This Fucking Job

(It's Gonna Be)/ I Told You So

Feb 14

Gravity's Gone

3 Dimes Down

Self Destructive Zones

Home Field Advantage

Hell No, I Ain't Happy

Marry Me

My Sweet Annette

Heathens

Lookout Mountain

18 Wheels Of Love

Steve Mcqueen

Love Like This

Ronnie And Neil

72 (This Highway's Mean)

Dead, Drunk, And Naked

Guitar Man Upstairs

Last night was grade A amazing. I really loved seeing all the new songs, especially The Flying Wallendas. Other highlights were Zip City, Hell No I Ain't Happy, Women Without Whiskey, Let There Be Rock and Keep On Rocking in the Free World. Hell, the entire encore was the heat. My head is still ringing with clang of electric guitar. Unadulterated Rock and Roll...