Jambands.ca

How many goals vs Norway tonight?

dave-O

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the issue that's pissing off not just Sens fans and that you're missing (I'm assuming on purpose) is the 4 million dollar signing bonus Heatley kept. Players that get traded (whether they want to or not) still get all the bucks agreed to them. When Heatley held them hostage, vetoed a trade pre July 1st, thereby forcing the Sens to pay the 4 million that really was intended to be a bonus for siging and staying in Ottawa, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I really don't understand why you're confused a non Sens fan would think it sucks. I didn't like the Nordiques but I thought what Lindros did was bullshit.

yeah just a bad contract really. think about the EPL and other footy leagues. they have bonuses worked in that is pretty much a loyalty bonus. you hand in a transfer request the bonus goes out the window.

the lindros thing sucked but it also ended up fueling the colorado team with a bunch of players that went on to win cups in colorado.

When Heatley held them hostage, vetoed a trade pre July 1st, thereby forcing the Sens to pay the 4 million that really was intended to be a bonus for siging and staying in Ottawa, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

He was getting the 4 million anyways, what did he care? As long as he went to a team that suited his fancy, it was all good in his mind. The only person that should have been really pissed is Melnyk.

yeah just a bad contract really. think about the EPL and other footy leagues. they have bonuses worked in that is pretty much a loyalty bonus. you hand in a transfer request the bonus goes out the window.

the lindros thing sucked but it also ended up fueling the colorado team with a bunch of players that went on to win cups in colorado.

That's all I was really getting at. Like you said, it worked out but I really don't think what happened was great for the sport.

I'm just on the side of the player on this one' date=' mainly because its pretty funny and its ottawa.

[/quote']

Yet somehow I think if it happened to the Habs you wouldn't be so I'm just kind of taking what you're saying as complete crap, but hey I could be wrong, I often am.

id be upset at the time. but would i really care the owners have to fork over 4 million dollars? nope.

and in the end if the player doesnt want to be there then its better he is gone so good riddance.

id be upset at the time. but would i really care the owners have to fork over 4 million dollars? nope.

Yeah but Ottawa's had it's financial struggles that all it's fans have had to deal with, a few times fingers crossed the team wasn't folding, so it still irks me to see this fucker (who we plucked out of hell) pocket 4 large. Like I said I'd like to see him taken off the ice on a stretcher, no lie, absolute heart felt opinion.

Guest Low Roller

But before it fueled Colorado it destroyed the Nordiques franchise. They needed the additional revenue that Lindros would bring in, something that FOUR Hextall's wouldn't be able to do.

And why the fuck does a player think he is above the "play for the team you were drafted by" rule that's been around for decades with thousands of players following the convention. He should be proud to be playing in the best hockey league on the planet (especially at the time) not be so cocksure and buying into the hype that he was "The Next One." Fucking arrogant asshole.

Dammit I said don't get me started on Lindros!

why are people still upset about this? especially roller who is not even a sens fan.. ottawa is doing good. heater is killing it in san jose. michalek is a good player. cheechoo is where he should be on the way out of the league. everyone wins.

I agree. Doesn't mean I have to forgive Heatley for being a massive douche bag though.

Were you happy for Patrick Roy when he won with the Avs?

Guest Low Roller

Fucking Mario fucker Tremblay is another fucker I can't fucking stand.

Edited by Low Roller
oops wrong quote

why are people still upset about this? especially roller who is not even a sens fan.. ottawa is doing good. heater is killing it in san jose. michalek is a good player. cheechoo is where he should be on the way out of the league. everyone wins.

I agree. Doesn't mean I have to forgive Heatley for being a massive douche bag though.

yep. didnt bother me a bit. and when roy was playing for team canada it didnt cause me to cry about when he demanded to be traded.

now that was a shit trade..

But before it fueled Colorado it destroyed the Nordiques franchise. They needed the additional revenue that Lindros would bring in, something that FOUR Hextall's wouldn't be able to do.

And why the fuck does a player think he is above the "play for the team you were drafted by" rule that's been around for decades with thousands of players following the convention. He should be proud to be playing in the best hockey league on the planet (especially at the time) not be so cocksure and buying into the hype that he was "The Next One." Fucking arrogant asshole.

Dammit I said don't get me started on Lindros!

so he could have saved a franchise but shouldnt have bought into the hype he was "The Next One."?? i think the fact that you think he could have saved a franchise proves it wasnt just hype eh.

and thats BS anyway.. they didnt leave cause lindros didnt go. bah..

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

The hype surrounding him would have brought the fans and potentially more sponsors on-board to provide the funds needed to keep the Nordiques in Quebec, don't fool yourself there.

It would have taken several years for the new investors to find out Lindros was all-hype no bite, by which point the franchise might have made enough money and secured enough capital to last until the lockout... maybe, at which point revenue sharing and salary caps would have eased the pain.

Guest Low Roller
Maybe not though, that was the begining of the 65cent Canadian dollar era, tough times.

Good point. Everything is purely speculation of course, because Lindros never played with the Nordiques, instead spent several years with the Flyers where his brains were scrambled on several occasions, usually on fairly mild hits, leaving his legacy tarnished with images such as this one (to my utmost pleasure):

328304585a1d79e848.jpg

Guest Low Roller
back to canada? :nhl:

I'd like to see Babcock go with the Heatley-Nash-Getzlaf line that was so good at the World Championships that one year. I don't know if he's going to touch the Sharks line though.

I hope Heatley gets bumped down to the second powerplay unit just to see if he asks to be traded.