Jambands.ca

How many goals vs Norway tonight?

dave-O

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Et tu' date=' Brute?[/quote']

Ok, that made me laugh. I'll forgive your latest classic-look-at-me-post "Go Switzerland".

For now.

Yeah that made me laugh as well.

I hate Gretzky (unless he was playing for Canada) and loved Lemieux. I just liked to argue with people who was better

I was the opposite. Loved Gretz. There's been cases where I've looked back and had a little regret for the hate, Lemieux would be an example, maybe I should have enjoyed his chase of the scoring record more, but only because we might not see such lofty totals again. There's some I'll never regret....Elway, Emmitt Smith, Heatley, Eli Manning, Brett Hull, Roenick....so many, so little time.

Guest Low Roller

I'm with Sloth. There are certain personalities that I am just wired to project blinding hate towards for no discernible and articulated reason other than I hate their ugly face regardless of talent. Others earn my rudderless wrath by doing something that pisses me off to no end: i.e. Eric Lindros- douchebag refuses to play for Nordiques, Dany Heatley- douchenozzle asks for trade THEN refuses to go to Edmonton handcuffing Bryan Murray (for the record I still think Bryan Murray should have had the balls to suspend that prick, Yashin style), and finally Sidney Crosby. I'll speak in a language he understands: wahhhhhh! No fair! Wahhhh! I don't wanna!!! Wahhhh!

Dany Heatley- douchenozzle asks for trade THEN refuses to go to Edmonton handcuffing Bryan Murray.

Speaking as a Habs fan, that was the single greatest moment in their 100 year history. Number 2 was him skipping Spezza`s wedding. I love Heatley.

editted

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
Dany Heatley- douchenozzle asks for trade THEN refuses to go to Edmonton handcuffing Bryan Murray.

Speaking as a Habs fan' date=' that was the single greatest moment in their 100 year history. I love Heatley. [/quote']

I just think it sets a dangerous precedent.

The NTC should have been waived the second the player asks for a trade while under a valid contract. I'm sure this will be addressed in the next round of collective bargaining.

Speaking as a Habs fan' date=' that was the single greatest moment in their 100 year history. Number 2 was him skipping Spezza`s wedding. I love Heatley.

editted[/quote']

So what you're saying is your opinion regarding the Sens isn't worth the shit that's currently staining the underwear you've been sporting all week.

It was BM's fault for giving him a no-trade. Case closed.

Saying the case is closed doesn't make the case closed, there's quite a few angles on this issue and the Heatley thing may lead to a change in how signing bonuses are treated. It's similar to issues that involve of the letter of the law versus the spirit of the law, shit like this happens all time in various aspects of life, sometimes the law gets changed so the letter fits the spirit, sometimes it doesn't.

that is exactly why you get a NTC so you dont end up in atlanta after signing a deal like Hossa.. shitty things happen both ways.

accept the trade to edmonton or wait for murray to deal with san jose.. hmm tough one.

ottawa >>> :surprise: <<< Heater

Saying the case is closed doesn't make the case closed, there's quite a few angles on this issue and the Heatley thing may lead to a change in how signing bonuses are treated. It's similar to issues that involve of the letter law versus the spirit of the law, sh!t like this happens all time in various aspects of life, sometimes the law gets changed so the letter fits the spirit, sometimes it doesn't.

Case closed as far as what Heatley could do at that moment in time, and I have no doubt this 'loophole' is going to be addressed.

Guest Low Roller

The NTC is in place because the player wants to anchor his career to a particular location, usually in order to provide a stable environment for his family. Once a player decides that he wants to be moved, doesn't that make the whole fucking NTC clause moot?

It's a called a "No Trade Clause" alluding that the team cannot trade the player. It's not called "I Call The Shots Clause" is it?

I blame this whole fucking incident on the lack of a scrotum by the NHL, Melnyk, and Bryan Murray.

that is exactly why you get a NTC so you dont end up in atlanta after signing a deal like Hossa.. shitty things happen both ways.

accept the trade to edmonton or wait for murray to deal with san jose.. hmm tough one.

ottawa >>> :surprise: <<< Heater

Though really what Heatley did is fairly unprecedented but well within his rights by the terms laid out which is why things may change. The mere fact that you accurately used a banana fucking another banana as a visual aid to describe the scenario is proof enough that Heately is douche (for me at least).

Guest Low Roller
The trade worked out for both sides methinks.

How's Cheechoo doing? oh right....

Imagine how the team would be doing with Ladislav Smid (+5 on the fucking Oilers!), Dustin Penner (47 pts. and +2 on the fucking Oilers!) and Andrew Cogliano (well, he's still learning) in the line-up.

The NTC is in place because the player wants to anchor his career to a particular location, usually in order to provide a stable environment for his family. Once a player decides that he wants to be moved, doesn't that make the whole fucking NTC clause moot?

It's a called a "No Trade Clause" alluding that the team cannot trade the player. It's not called "I Call The Shots Clause" is it?

I blame this whole fucking incident on the lack of a scrotum by the NHL, Melnyk, and Bryan Murray.

so what about teams that ask players to waive the NTC's and ask for a list of teams they are willing to get traded to.

its the same fucking thing. oh booohooo if murray really wanted to he could have held on to him. it has nothing to do with the NHL.

why are people still upset about this? especially roller who is not even a sens fan.. ottawa is doing good. heater is killing it in san jose. michalek is a good player. cheechoo is where he should be on the way out of the league. everyone wins.

except for edmonton they still suck.

Guest Low Roller
Jesus Christ Roller, are you on meds or something? I'm agreeing with you all the over place, spooky.

My mind is in a dark bitter place today. Maybe that's why we are agreeing on a bunch of stuff.

Guest Low Roller

so what about teams that ask players to waive the NTC's and ask for a list of teams they are willing to get traded to.

its the same fucking thing.

Yeah, uhm, no it's not. One is called an amendment to a contract where both sides agree on a middle ground, the other is a fucking travesty where the owners are FUCKED by an egotistical COCKHAMMER.

:surprise:

The NTC is in place because the player wants to anchor his career to a particular location' date=' usually in order to provide a stable environment for his family. Once a player decides that he wants to be moved, doesn't that make the whole fucking NTC clause moot?

[/quote']

its the same fucking thing. oh booohooo if murray really wanted to he could have held on to him. it has nothing to do with the NHL.

why are people still upset about this? especially roller who is not even a sens fan.. ottawa is doing good. heater is killing it in san jose. michalek is a good player. cheechoo is where he should be on the way out of the league. everyone wins.

except for edmonton they still suck.

I think the issue that's pissing off not just Sens fans and that you're missing (I'm assuming on purpose) is the 4 million dollar signing bonus Heatley kept. Players that get traded (whether they want to or not) still get all the bucks agreed to them. When Heatley held them hostage, vetoed a trade pre July 1st, thereby forcing the Sens to pay the 4 million that really was intended to be a bonus for siging and staying in Ottawa, rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I really don't understand why you're confused a non Sens fan would think it sucks. I didn't like the Nordiques but I thought what Lindros did was bullshit.

Though really what Heatley did is fairly unprecedented but well within his rights by the terms laid out which is why things may change. The mere fact that you accurately used a banana fucking another banana as a visual aid to describe the scenario is proof enough that Heately is douche (for me at least).

the terms were laid out by murray and agent. there are many different NTCs out there.

I'm just on the side of the player on this one, mainly because its pretty funny and its ottawa.

yeah it sucks but owners have been screwing players over for sooo long its funny to see.

they got heatley by screwing hossa over so what goes around comes around.

back to canada? :nhl: