Jambands.ca

How many goals vs Norway tonight?

dave-O

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I heard during the U.S game that hockey is the second biggest sport in Switzerland behind soccer, and their elite league gets full national coverage on T.V.

I also heard that they shut the league down for a month to be prepared for this tournament, so they are definitely one of the more prepared teams coming in.

That being said, from what I saw, Canada played poorly. But, this is the time of the tournament to get that poor play out of their systems.

My guess is they will be a MUCH better team in the U.S game and Crosby will be awesome.

Guest Low Roller

They tried too often to score the perfect goal rather than put it on net and crash the crease. Put some garbage in there, who cares if it's the Olympics.

Crosby dropping like a bitch and lying there after getting high-sticked was pathetic. The ref didn't buy what he was selling so clearly he already has an international reputation for being a baby. Yes, he did get high-sticked, but play the whistle. His theatrics caused a 3 on 2 for the Swiss.

Guest Low Roller
I wonder what Roller would do if he got highsticked like Crosby did and was`leaking` like Crosby was.

First of all I would peel myself off the ice after the initial shock so that I don't become a national embarrassment for acting like I was shot. I would notice the blood pouring from my nose/lip/ugly face and would become enraged for the non-call shouting at the nearest on-ice official that he is a blind idiot. I would chase the fucker down who did it and exact my revenge.

Next day in the papers it would be called the dumbest penalty in Olympic history as it would have led to a Swiss powerplay goal late in the third and hence to victory for the watch makers.

My actions would be reviewed by the IOC/IIHF, and lead to a two-game suspension, possibly three. The media circus around me would distract the Canadian team during the American game, leading to a one-sided game in favour of the Americans.

Final rankings would be USA in first with a perfect 3-0 record (9 pts.), the Swiss second with a 2-1 record (6 pts.), and Canada in third with a 1-2 record (3 pts.). Canada would miss the cutoff for the quarterfinals, ending Canada's last hope for a medal after a pathetic cull in their own country.

There would be no vindication for me as I would become the nation's pariah. My comeback attempt in the 2014 Olympics with Team Hungary falls short when we fail to qualify after losing to the Japanese. I would never be heard from again, other than in legend.

This is why I don't play international hockey.

Crosby dropping like a bitch and lying there after getting high-sticked was pathetic. The ref didn't buy what he was selling so clearly he already has an international reputation for being a baby. Yes, he did get high-sticked, but play the whistle. His theatrics caused a 3 on 2 for the Swiss.

I didn't think it would happen, but someone finally posted something stupider than Ollie. Bon job.

pffffftt, you'd cry like a baby if you took that stick to the face. Does it make you feel good to hate one of the greatest players of our time?

Guest Low Roller
Does it make you feel good to hate one of the greatest players of our time?

Gretzky and Lemieux were also part of "our time", so you're making a pretty bold prediction that Crosby will be better than them, aren't you?

I find the Crosby hate silly.

I find it silly that you find Crosby hate silly. And when I say silly I could mean either understandable, stupid or blindly patriotic (which I also find stupid).

What's wrong with hating on Crosby? Have you, from the inception of your enjoyment of sports, loved the 3-5 players that were at the top of their game at their respective position, in their respective era? If so, you're pretty rare, if not unique, in the spectrum of sports fans but I understand your statement. But Christ, my list is a mile long of great players that I absolutely fucking loathed while they played. Crosby, in fact, does jaw, a lot by some people's standards, and there are people that just don't like him for it not matter how well he plays, I'm one of them. I appreciate what he can do but I love hating on him, that's such a great element of sport in my opinion, when some player/team/fan base's style or personality just doesn't jive with you and your own personal vendetta begins. Nothing like seeing a hated rival crushed.

If you've openly hated on some great in the past then your statement is fucking stupid. That simple.

If you're going along the lines of "Well it's the Olympics, this is Canada's team and we should support them all" (which i truly doubt you are, but hey it's friday, it's lunch, and I'm just bullshitting anyway) and being blindly patriotic then I find that statement stupid as well, but only because I despise blind patriotism. I hate Dany Heatley so much that every time he has the puck I hope that someone knee on knees him so hard his knee cap pops out of his mouth. The only way it would be more enjoyable is if Pronger and Heatley somehow did it too each other. I'm not sure, I'd have to look pretty deep, but there's a chance I'd like see that happen more than Canada winning the gold.

Guest Low Roller
one of the greatest players of our time?

That could be a list of the Top 10. Or 100 for that matter....

I'm just trying to pick an argument. Stop trying to defeat me with logic and reasoning.

Does it make you feel good to hate one of the greatest players of our time?

Gretzky and Lemieux were also part of "our time"' date=' so you're making a pretty bold prediction that Crosby will be better than them, aren't you?[/quote']

He never said Crosby was better than Greztky or Lemieux. He stated Crosby was "one" of the greatest players of our time.

I guess it depends on how many players you want to catagorize as of our time... 1? 5? 10?

All I know is that he is off to one hell of a start and is one of the top 5 players right now with a lot of career ahead of him.

I find the Crosby hate silly.

I find it silly that you find Crosby hate silly. And when I say silly I could mean either understandable' date=' stupid or blindly patriotic (which I also find stupid).

What's wrong with hating on Crosby? Have you, from the inception of your enjoyment of sports, loved the 3-5 players that were at the top of their game at their respective position, in their respective era? If so, you're pretty rare, if not unique, in the spectrum of sports fan but I understand your statement. But Christ, my list is a mile long of great players that I absolutely fucking loathed while they played. Crosby, in fact, does jaw, a lot by some people's standards, and there are people that just don't like him for it not matter how well he plays, I'm one of them. I appreciate what he can do but I love hating on him, that's such a great element of sport in my opinion, when some player/team/fan base's style or personality just doesn't jive with you and your own personal vendetta begins. Nothing like seeing a hated rival crushed.

If you've openly hated on some great in the past then your statement is fucking stupid. That simple.

If you're going along the lines of "Well it's the Olympics, this is Canada's team and we should support them all" (which i truly doubt you are, but hey it's friday, it's lunch, and I'm just bullshitting anyway) and being blindly patriotic then I find that statement stupid as well, but only because I despise blind patriotism. I hate Dany Heatley so much that every time he has the puck I hope that someone knee on knees so hard his knee cap pops out of his mouth. The only way it would be more enjoyable if is Pronger and Heatley somehow did it too each other. I'm not sure, I'd have to look pretty deep, but there's a chance I'd like see that happen more than Canada winning the gold.

[/quote']

I hate Gretzky (unless he was playing for Canada) and loved Lemieux. I just liked to argue with people who was better :)