Jambands.ca

How many goals vs Norway tonight?

dave-O

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OLE almost ruined the game for me last night. And nothing to do with the Habs either, its just annoying as hell, its not a Canadian thing so why do it (is it? I thought it was a Euro soccer chant), and its definitely panders to the lowest common denominator in the crowd because it makes for easy participation even if you don't know a damn thing about what is going on.

Lets hope its new folks at the game on Thursday, who watched this last night on TV and realize that chant is stupider than what Pepsi tried to shove down our throats.

Other than that, the game went pretty much as I expected, although I didn't expect Bergeron to fulfill Booches prediction so quickly. Nice one there Booce, you have never been so right and so wrong in the same post before...

One of the reasons I love the Olympics is that its three weeks every 4 years when I can cheer for Pronger. That guy is a monster in just about every aspect of the game. I love when he isn't on one of the Wings top opponents....

I don't like when they play weak teams to open these tournaments, it totally throws their timing off, they don't get up to full speed. It's not a good way to get ready for the powerhouses we're sure to face.

The passing leading up to Iginla's second goal was as good as it gets though.

I think the other groups are going to be way more ready to play.

Ollie! Im going to have to pretend I didn't see that...we NEED all hands on deck dammit!

Okay, so observations, and let me be the first to say, cuz the game just ended, Getzlaf makes a lot of stupid passes. And Morrow and Richards are the only guys who hit and need to play a whole lot more. That is all. Were fucked.

I thought it was a great game by Switzerland and very entertaining. This result will make for delicious hand-wringing in the media and among the fanbase.

Now I'm really looking forward to the USA. It will be interesting to see how Canada does against a team that has actual scoring threats.

Chris Phillips, Mike Fisher and Jason Spezza would look good on Team Canada right now. :surprise:

hahaha...ya, where's Wade Redden when you need him?

Im afraid of the States for the same reasons though. Shit.

What I find so interesting, is all it takes is guys like fucking Hnat Domenichelli, Jonas Hiller and Mark Streit to tangle with a bunch of superstars. Momentum is a whacky thing. Sports Science should try to figure that shit out instead of wasting their time kicking guys in the balls. No wait, they should do both.

Edited by Guest

I dont know how long the Swiss have been playing as a team, to tell you the truth. Id guess that it wouldn't be too long though. And I'd agree if by "big" you mean kinda slow. As I said on FB, Sid needs to make this team his. Looked like he was trying towards the end there, which was cool.

I'm glad were getting this out of the way nice and early Ollie, because by 10:00am tomorrow morning Im not gonna want to hear another word, :)

The Swiss out-hustled them tonight and made the defence look very ordinary out there - minus Weber, who Babcock played the shit out of (over 27 minutes!). Pronger played like an idiot. Hopefully he got it out of his system.

I obviously jumped the gun on Getz-Perry-Staal, they were invisible except for one shift. The SJ line was great, but I find Thornton infuriating to watch. Why does he never move his feet in the attacking zone?? I thought Marleau and Toews were the best Fs tonight.

I didn't see it happen, but did Seabrook get injured?

If it's any consolation, both the US and Canada powerplays looked awful today.

He had that one great hit... which reminds me, the refs didn't call a lot of penalties (on Canada). There was some nice hitting and I thought Nash would get something on that run-in with Hiller.

Canada will be fine. I'd rather see a great hockey game like this than a blowout.

Guest Low Roller

I thought that it was a great game by the Swiss, who refused to be intimidated by the big 'ol mean Canadians.

Good to know that I can cheer for Canada and still hate Crosby for being a little whiny baby and Heatley for being a dickhead for screwing over the Sens.

I give no love to the Swiss. They had their moment in the sun last Olympics. They played hard, but honestly Canada should have been ready for it. I blame Ken Hitchcock now, for he has negative goal scoring vibes permeating from his mustache. But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, and losing a bit of perspective...it is only game two after all.