Jambands.ca

The Specials @ Sound Academy !!!!!

Kanada Kev

• 1 month later...

FUCK!

Dear Customer,

The Specials originally scheduled on April 19, at The Sound Academy has been postponed.

Tickets originally purchased for April 19 will be honoured on the new date to be announced shortly, no action is required. Please check www.collectiveconcerts.com for a new date.

Customers who wish a refund may obtain one by one of the following methods:

Tickets purchased at a Retail Location or box office, must be returned in person to the point of purchase prior to June 28th at 10:00pm EST.

TicketFast(print at home) ticket holders please send an email prior to June 28th at 10:00pm EST, to CSEAST@TICKETMASTER.CA , Subject Line – Refund The Specials.

Please include your confirmation number, billing information and the last 4 digits of the credit card and a refund will be issued.

All other tickets purchased either through the Internet, or through a Ticketmaster Chargeline may be returned prior June 28th at 10:00pm EST via regular mail, expedited mail, courier to:

Ticketmaster

Attn: Customer Service

220 - 260 Hargrave Street

Winnipeg, MB

R3C 5S5

THE SPECIALS - POSTPONED

April 19, 2010

The SPECIALS first concert in Toronto in over 29 years originally scheduled for tomorrow (monday) has been POSTPONED until August 2010 due to an emergency medical ailment.

The NYC shows are still on, and the Toronto show is already re-scheduled

for the 4th week of August pending clearing dates/holds at the Sound Academy of which we hope to announce the re-scheduled date this Friday afternoon (4-23).

All original tickets will be honoured for the August 2010 date, and as usual full refunds will be available (starting Monday) at the original point of purchase until the end of June.

Please don't e-mail any of us or call looking for more info as there is isn't any to give other than I'm personally emotionally heartbroken over the postponement, and so are all the Specials, who have been here since sat night ready to skank out - but since we've all been waiting 29 years for this re-birth, what's a couple of more months? and besides, anyone looking to hitch a ride with me to NYC Tue or Wed?

Rude Boy - Monkey Man

jc

the collective

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

From: http://marcoonthebass.blogspot.com/2010/08/specials-perform-nite-klub-on-late-show.html

The Specials performed 'Nite Klub' on Late Show with David Letterman last night. The band was promoting the U.S. release of their 30th anniversary tour DVD.

The band arrived in New York last weekend and taped the show on Monday night. It was aired last night. I caught up with the band's saxophone player Drew Stansall and keyboardist Nik Torp after the taping and they shared a bit about the behind the scenes at the show. First, the band's crew had a 6 am call on Monday morning to set up all the gear. The band also ended up spending several hours cooped up in the show's green room which made them all stir crazy. According to Stansall and Torp, this had a lot to do with the added energy the band added to their performance. I look forward to reading band bassist Horace Panter's blog post about the whole experience.

As expected, Neville Staple did not join the band for the performance because of ongoing visa issues with the U.S. Government. The good news for Canadian fans of the band is that Staple is expected to join the band in Toronto for their two shows this weekend .

I had that first Specials album when I was in the seventh grade - my buddy and I dubbed it off his older sister's vinyl. Nobody else knew what we were on about. We must have been pretty cool little shits.

so, are you still a cool little shit? you going? or are you a tired old man like the rest of us? ;)

I had that first Specials album when I was in the seventh grade - my buddy and I dubbed it off his older sister's vinyl. Nobody else knew what we were on about. We must have been pretty cool little shits.

so' date=' are you still a cool little shit? you going? or are you a tired old man like the rest of us? ;) [/quote']

Oh god, no. Now I'm a cranky old man who begins sentences with, "When I was your age..."