Jambands.ca

Go Jays Go - Fan Forum 2010

badams

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot damn, I really enjoyed watching the game last night. Bautista and Escobar both made me jump out of my chair and cheer out loud. I can't say I have done that many times while watching baseball. I am fully expecting the Jays to trade Bautista and rip the heart out of the fans that are hanging on this year.

Hot damn, I really enjoyed watching the game last night. Bautista and Escobar both made me jump out of my chair and cheer out loud. I can't say I have done that many times while watching baseball. I am fully expecting the Jays to trade Bautista and rip the heart out of the fans that are hanging on this year.

Anthopolous is a bright guy. He's done well so far in his moves. I'd be happy if they keep him, but I'm more than optimistic in what Alex will get in return since the young core will be still intact. Still, I love Bautista and I liked him last year when he was a utility player. That being said, the Jays upcoming month is nothing short of brutal. I'd be surprised if they'll be 10 games under .500 when the chips finally settle.

Edited by Guest

he's having a great year pulling the ball over the left field wall, but no way Bautista even sniffs the MVP.

a .250 hitter on a 4th place team does not an MVP make. otherwise, Adam Dunn would have 4 of them by now.

Josh Hamilton is close to the triple crown, on a 1st place team that hasnt been to the playoffs since '99 - at this point, he's gotta be the leading candidate, followed closely by miguel cabrera and the monster season he's having.

nice win by the jays last night, though, stickin' it to A.J. - i can't stand burnett.

and i always love seeing strange/obscure records, thats what baseballs all about, hahah... 6 doubles in the 5th, 2 by snider... huge inning. anyone see that blast by encarnacion? that guy can mash, but im still glad he's your problem now.

thank god for scotty rolen (who should be an NL MVP candidate) ;)

whaddaya mean there's nothing on?? you got NBA summer league, the ongoing coverage of Albert Haynesworth's fitness "test"... this is prime season, buddy!!

nice to see Bautista inch himself closer to that MVP with another dinger last nite :D

seriously, though, it is a good story to see the guy breaking out like he is - i think he has incredible bat speed, and maybe it just took the new hitting coach (murphy, is it?) to bring it out him.

i still dont think you can put a .250 hitter on a 4th place team into the conversation, tho... for me, part of the MVP has to be the ability to take your team to another level, in some way - and the jays are right where they always are, and where they'd be with or without him. i would actually look more to guys like Romero, or Downs, or even John Buck (not the sexy pick by any means, but a great season in a much more demanding position) as the team MVP.

i mean, i guess the exception is Andre Dawson in '87... the cubs did finish last, but who knows how much worse they woulda done without him? ;)

the blank contract and the incredible season from a guy who was supposed to be "done", surely played into that story, too.

how are you guys liking Escobar? i'm starting to think maybe this trade wakes him up and the Jays scooped themselves an absolute beast. Gonzalez, as predicted, ain't doin' shit for the Braves. i think Anthopolous is gonna do a great job for the jays.

thanks for the wake-up call, thorg - miss ya buddy.

how are you guys liking Escobar? i'm starting to think maybe this trade wakes him up and the Jays scooped themselves an absolute beast. Gonzalez, as predicted, ain't doin' shit for the Braves. i think Anthopolous is gonna do a great job for the jays.

thanks for the wake-up call, thorg - miss ya buddy.

Esco is the real deal. Great arm, nice vision, and a solid hitter, imo. His D is as good as his O, probably better.

I guess you're right about Bautista, but it's exciting to see the Jays spoiling when people thought anything above .500 would be impossible.

I don't think their line-up hits nearly as many without Bautitsta splitting the rotation up. All the bats in such weird places throw off the pitchers it seems, and B being a third/out-y means he's got heat where they're supposed to as well. They're a tough team to throw at.

And I'm liking Anthopolous quite a bit as well so far. I don't think he's given away anything we needed, or with much of a future, and not making any moves at the deadline was the right thing to do for a club that's rolling... or as rolling as the Jays are gonna get this year.

Miss you too man. You should think about a trip to London soon. We'll go see the Majors. ;)

onelove

I'll judge Escobar once the honeymoon is over. When he first arrived he was shy and humble but now that he has a couple weeks of playing under his belt i'm starting to see some swagger. Hoping the ego and swagger, as i call it, isn't what turned off his teammates in Atlanta, although it's the good players with confidence that become great.