Jambands.ca

Sportsnet 1 and TSN 2 = Bull sh!t!

Hal Johnson

And that's just part of it. It's the movement to a specialty HD Rogers channel that pisses off people with zero cable options (i.e., not being in a Rogers zone). Smaller pubs and bars also get fucked since they already pay a high premium for cable and HD.

Edited by Guest

What we are forgetting is that most don't have HD yet, so this new channel alienates millions of potential viewers.

I don't understand. Sportsnet One is available in Standard Definition.

I have the Rogers VIP package so pretty sure I'm still going to get Sportsnet One after the preview at no additional cost to me.

First off, point me in a direction that proves Sportsnet was originally going to carry these games but they have been recently moved to Sportsnet 1.

Secondly, show me proof my bill is going to increase because of this new channel. All I am seeing is alot of hearsay on these two matters.

And that's just part of it. It's the movement to a specialty HD Rogers channel that pisses off people with zero cable options (i.e., not being in a Rogers zone).

This appears to be an issue but I dont really care because I am in a Rogers zone so fuckyou Hal. Cry me a river. It's happened to me and will happen again in my lifetime. BELLRDSHD'd.

I believe I heard Bob McCown say that Rogers bought the rights from tsn/cbc for every Jay's game this season and announced at the start of the season that they would be broadcasting every game this year. Then they announced that they have now created a new channel and they would only be on sportsnet 1. It doesn't matter much to me because I don't have cable but suck's for cogeco and bell customers.

This really pisses me off, me and my buddy Stew have been watching a lot of Jays (on Bell ExpressVu) and recently made the point that one of best things about baseball is that you can watch your team every night.

And that's just part of it. It's the movement to a specialty HD Rogers channel that pisses off people with zero cable options (i.e., not being in a Rogers zone).

Even if you are in a Rogers zone, are we expected to change to watch 20 baseball games?

Edited by Guest

I can understand for hardcore fans of the Blue Jays that in order to see EVERY game that they may have to pay a premium for some specific stations/packages. However, having NONE of the games on "regular" TV is a shitty move IMHO.

When the franchise is in need of new fans and increasing the youth element of their fan base they shouldn't be limiting the access to the games on TV so much.

I don't get Sportsnet and won't be paying to do so. Sucks that my son, who plays rep ball, doesn't get to see games on TV at home except when they are on the American networks (not the Jays). We'll be watching the World Series in glorious, uncompressed (fuck you cable), HD off air :D:D:D

This really pisses me off, me and my buddy Stew have been watching a lot of Jays (on Bell ExpressVu) and recently made the point that one of best things about baseball is that you can watch your team every night.

Even if you are in a Rogers zone, are we expected to change to watch 20 baseball games?

Yes, but there's going to be all kinds of other sports on the channel too. Imagine if the Jays were threatening for a playoff spot?

I'm paying for cable, getting screwed by not getting either of TSN2 or SportsnetONE, and now not only am I going to miss the Jays game I get to sit through another season of Raptors games being played on the other channel... I guess this year that could be a plus.

They both suck.

Edited by Guest
the channels I mean

Here's the line-up for TSN 2 vs TSN 1: (ATL time zone)

TSN 2: 9:00 - Best of OTR

9:30 - Fins and Skins

10:00 - Classic Poker

TSN 1: 9:00 - poker

10:00 - poker

ESPN is reporting 7 MLB games, 2 NFL games, 2 Soccer games, Golf, and Tennis all being played at the moment.

Edited by Guest

First off, point me in a direction that proves Sportsnet was originally going to carry these games but they have been recently moved to Sportsnet 1.

Secondly, show me proof my bill is going to increase because of this new channel. All I am seeing is alot of hearsay on these two matters.

This appears to be an issue but I dont really care because I am in a Rogers zone so fuckyou Hal. Cry me a river. It's happened to me and will happen again in my lifetime. BELLRDSHD'd.

Topical article from Friday's Star regarding this mess: http://www.thestar.com/article/853070--zelkovich-sportsnet-one-battle-turns-into-a-shooting-war

Jays and Rogers are still getting pounded by fans. One thing that I forgot to mention is that a large percentage of Canadians still don't have digital boxes, so they are shit out of luck.

From Friday's Toronto Star: http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseball/mlb/bluejays/article/856329--zelkovich-jays-start-taking-heat-over-sportsnet-one

Edited by Guest