Jambands.ca

Sportsnet 1 and TSN 2 = Bull sh!t!

Hal Johnson

http://www.thestar.com/sports/tvradio/article/853070--zelkovich-sportsnet-one-battle-turns-into-a-shooting-war

I didn't know this until just now, but apparently 21 of the next 35 jays games are going to be on Sportsnet 1. As a bell satelite customer, I can't even watch them if I wanted to pay the extra bucks (I never would), which is even more ridiculous. Boggles my mind how Roger's can be so bold.

I've got TSN 2 and its rather pointless as well, and I wouldn't miss it for a second if it were gone. To me, the programming on the reg sports stations is weak enough as it is and the last thing anyone wants to do is pay for another station devoted to 18 hrs of sportscenter (or in this case 'connected') just to see 21 games they thought they had already payed for. Again, hard to believe that this is even a thing.

Edited by Guest

Rogers are evil bastards and willingly cut the audience their own Blue Jays. That being said, I already have Rogers so I get the channel for free. Hey, did anyone notice that TVO is now in HD. C'mon Rogers, get AMC going on HD in time for that zombie series in October.

Rogers are evil bastards and willingly cut the audience their own Blue Jays.

They are striking a deal with Bell but taking their time in hopes Bell customers get pissed and jump ship to Rogers. The same thing happened with RDSHD and Bell. I saw a couple of Rogers folks jump ship just so they could get the Habs in HD that season but the following season it was made available to Rogers.

I could be waaaaaaaay off the mark but it stands to reason. Bell is just as evil and why? Because they are a business first and foremost.

So quit your whining because you work for the enemy Mr CTVGlobemediacunt.

;)

Edited by Guest
Mr 4

They are striking a deal with Bell but taking their time in hopes Bell customers get pissed and jump ship to Rogers. The same thing happened with RDSHD and Bell. I saw a couple of Rogers folks jump ship just so they could get the Habs in HD that season but the following season it was made available to Rogers.

If this is the case, and its offered for free, then honestly, it isn't so bad. Nowhere did I hear though that it would be.

Bell is evil too.

What we are forgetting is that most don't have HD yet, so this new channel alienates millions of potential viewers. Also, Rogers isn't an option in many other cities across the country such as Kingston and Oakville (both are Cogego). These sports and Jays fans have no option and are shit out of luck. You should hear Bob McCown ripping his own company on the air. He's disgusted with Rogers. Good thing his name ain't Mike Wilner or he'd be suspended or fired for his open derision.

Part of why this is so disgusting and confusing is that Rogers offered the free channel in mid season, but then pulls the plug in September. Fans don't have an option after this and get screwed.

Edited by Guest