Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 10/11

rubberdinghy

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLAMMO!!!

With the NHL's roster freeze now in effect, there will be a serious lack of rumours for the next couple weeks. With that said, I did receive an interesting bit of info from a contact late last night.

I wish I had more concrete details but at this point I can not confirm or deny the speculation.

Regardless, I have now heard from a couple of different places, that TSN analyst Pierre McGuire is extremely interested in the Sens GM position, should it open up.

Now I know this will frighten some, confuse others and be of no interest to the rest, but it certainly makes for some interesting speculation. McGuire was in the running for the GM job in Minnesota this past summer but ended up losing out to Chuck Fletcher.

McGuire has spent time in the Sens organization before, working as a pro scout and assistant coach in the mid 90's.

One contact put it this way, "Pierre McGuire WANTS this job and Eugene Melnyk knows it."

It should be noted that this rumour is in no way an indication that Murray's job is in danger this season.

NHL+Entry+Draft+Lunch+Eb3HJlWZIe0m.jpg

Monster GM

At one point during the game, Kovalev was back checking...I couldn't believe my eyes. Stunned (we were at the game) I shouted "what the hell is Kovalev doing?" One of the ushers responded, "Merry Christmas sir!"

Yeah, that was fucking awesome. Karlsson got three points that game and in my opinion was the best player on the ice. With Alfie, Spezzer, Malkin and Crosby all playing I honestly thought Karlsson was the best puck handler/skater on the night, I was also uber drunk though.

ah...they had a good tilt near the end.

Neil refused the dance when the Sens were down by a goal. Do you think he is paid to score? Sens lost 5-1, thanks to Neil's heart. You cant make this stuff up people.

There is all kinds of talk about the Ottawa Senators here at the World Junior tournament and none of it is good.

But this story is making the rounds with hockey pool: Word is, general manager Bryan Murray tried to fire coach Cory Clouston about a month ago. The Senators owner, Eugene Melynyk, wouldn’t let it happen. That story came to light in the wake of Ottawa’s 5-1 home defeat to the dreadful Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night. Normally, after those kind of games, coaches get fired. But to date, no coach firing in Ottawa.

And there probably won’t be one until the end of the season.

The story going around is that Melynyk told Murray and if Clouston goes, he might as well go with him. Murray has already been through a bevy of coaches, including Craig Hartsburg andJohn Paddock. Apparently, Clouston will be his last coach. Unless Melynyk had a change of heart.

But expect this: Murray and Clouston both gone at the end of the season.