Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 10/11

rubberdinghy

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck you Dinghy, that mask sucks, other than the red maple leaf work and the logo (and cmon, it's just the logo, it better look good), it's crap. A poorly aired corvette with a googly eyed centurion that I assume is an homage to the iconic drag racing Rat Fink? One half of the helmet is just okay, the other half stinks. Next.

Gerber's mask was cool though.

Guest Low Roller

I think it's the Binghampton logo. Anderson may just be covering his bases given how goalie careers take a nosedive in Ottawa.

Best Ottawa helmet, bar none:

year11week08.jpg

Edited by Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

All I think of when I see those cartoon Senators is the farm team logo...

Binghampton.Senators.jpg

When the starting goalie has something similar painted on his helmet it lends itself to the bush league image the Sens project. (Fire Murray!)

Guest Low Roller

Despite themselves the team is doing much better since acquiring Anderson for Elliott in the most lop-sided trade this year.

Loser: Colorado Avalanche - Have you ever made an impulse decision to adopt a stray dog that's been raised in an abusive environment because you hope things will be different if it's given a loving home, but then when you get it back to your place it just poops all the over your floor and rolls around in it? Trading for an Ottawa goaltender is pretty much the same thing.

That reminds me. For shits and giggles on Friday night as I was getting loaded I took a look at the impending UFA goalies and which teams are going to need one versus their potentially available cap space. I even wrote it down somewheres to show you guys but I am willing to bet I lost it.

Ottawa is in an excellent position to resign Craig Anderson at whatever he desires. He could decide to take less and play with a better team but this one is going to be interesting.

That reminds me. For shits and giggles on Friday night as I was getting loaded I took a look at the impending UFA goalies and which teams are going to need one versus their potentially available cap space. I even wrote it down somewheres to show you guys but I am willing to bet I lost it.

Ottawa is in an excellent position to resign Craig Anderson at whatever he desires. He could decide to take less and play with a better team but this one is going to be interesting.

You should dig that up, I'm curious.

After bitterly fighting with my girlfriend's dad last night (irratonal Hab's fan but I talked him off the edge) we moved onto signing Anderson and whether or not he wants to play for a rebuilding team and we thought he'd be out of here. I hope he takes the bucks.

The only teams I remember offhand who might be able to take an honest run at Anderson were the Leafs, Detroit (unless Lidstrom resigns but even so), Chicago (umm, Patrick Sharp?) and Washington. Bryzgalov is a free agent too so theoretically Phoenix could be included in that mix.

Everyone else seemed set in goal or doesnt have the kind of money he would take. Again, from what I remember.