Jambands.ca

Phish: Broomfield III

Kanada Kev

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T5T3FNQ2

10/12/2010 1stBank Center, Broomfield, CO

Set 1: Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Time Turns Elastic, Meat, The Divided Sky, Timber (Jerry), On Your Way Down, Heavy Things, Sugar Shack, 46 Days

Set 2: Carini[1] > David Bowie, Light, Theme From the Bottom > Free > Joy, Halfway to the Moon, Bug, Summer of '89, Split Open and Melt

Encore: Meatstick

[1] Harpua teases from Trey.

Notes: Carini ended with a meandering jam during which Trey teased Harpua several times. The first of the trapped miners in Chile emerged during the setbreak, and the second during Theme>Free>Joy. After the band finished Meatstick, the audience continued the song and dance for 8 or more choruses.

i'm not sure what you mean by that...old phish how? (age?) what part of this show is inspiring you?

What I mean is that its not just a list of songs they've been playing since 1999. Tonnes of new ones in there, especially 3.0 new stuff. I am inspired by their apparent re-inspiration.

have you listened to the merriweather shows from this summer? :)

Nope. I barely listen to them at all these days, infact the only shows I have listened to since Summer 09 were the three of the batch I attended- Cuse and both Albanys from Fall 09. I have still not gone back and listened to either Jones Beach or Bonnaroo.

I have no idea why but 'listening' to Phish has taken a major back seat to loads of other music. I still love the shows, but you won't hear a vocal jam in my car ever again. It should be noted that I did watch the ACL webcast the other night and have seen a few portions of shows on DVDs.

gotcha. though i guess i'm not seeing this list as very different from many other 3.0 ones.

i would recommend giving MW a listen :) i have been trying to decide what the best weekend of summer was, it's close between merriweather and alpharetta so i have been giving them some play this week. i recommend checking both out!

No Harpua tease that I could hear.... nothing that jumped out throughout the jam anyways...

Loved the jam at 5 and a half minutes to the end.

Sweet.

Meatstick encore.... fun. Crowd sang the chorus for 8 rounds after the song ended. Reminds me of how our section had a meatstick chant going before the second set of Vegas 04 and the opened with it.

The crowd was totally excited when they openned the second set with it... i actually just relistened to it this morning. We were directly behind Trey and witnessed the debacle that was one of his lowest points ive seen that night first hand.

When I relistened I was completely blown away by the sound of Trey's voice. I almost forgot how nasally he got at the end.