Jambands.ca

THE CLOSING OF WINTERLAND -Toronto-11.15.03

Esau

We didn't invent the Grateful Dead.

The crowd invented the Grateful Dead.

We were just in line to see what was going to happen.

- Jerry Garcia -

You are cordially invited to attend a screening of the Grateful Dead

release:

THE CLOSING OF WINTERLAND

December 31, 1978

Presented loud in DTS at the Bloor Cinema

506 Bloor St. West

Saturday, November 15th @ 11:30PM

Rory (Gratefully Deadicated Sound System) said that the show would go from 11:30 p.m. Saturday night until about 5:00 a.m. Sunday. He also said that it might be necessary to present it either for free or for a small donation, but that was yet to be confirmed. Wish I could go, but I'm scheduled to work all night that night. [Frown]

Hey, it'll get out just in time to head over to the Comfort Zone for some early morning rave music [Eek!] - maybe there oughta be a shuttle bus eh? [Wink]

FYI - I received this email from a friend today.

My good buddy Rory Levy is organizing a night of fun and partying at the Bloor Cinema. What's on the screen and soundsytem?? None other than the good ol' Grateful Dead and the 12-31-78 show that closed the infamous Winterland. For info on this movie check out:

> http://dead.net/merchandising/music/DEAM-DECD249/

>

The event is scheduled to be FREE. However, if you would like to get your name on a PAIR of seats in the roped off area front and centre, they are simply asking for a $10 donation to help cover the cost of renting the theater out. Email Rory and tell him that I sent you.

> rory-levy@rogers.com

As many of you know from seeing Grateful Dawg and Tie Dyed at this venue, the rules are extremely relaxed . Be prepared for a really fun time.

Later . . .

(Kanada Kev)

Archived