Jambands.ca

Rush tour dates added!!

Chewie

I'll be going to the home of the Habs on April 20 (excellent day for a Rush 4/20 concert!)

I'll up the ante and say that April 20th is not only an excellent day for a 4/20 Rush concert, but pretty much the only day for a Rush 4/20 concert.

Once a tour is enough for me, have a great show everyone!

On the program Backstage Secrets on Treasure HD this week was "Lighting".

The program is an inside look at the entire set up of the lighting rigs and equipment for Rush from Quebec City on the Snakes and Arrows tour.

Tonight is "Sound" from the same tour.

Pretty interesting stuff if you like this type of thing.....

Edited by Guest

No prob. Also, Cleveland should be a hot ticket too!!!!!

RUSH TO FILM CLEVELAND PERFORMANCE

As a tribute to the US city that first played their music, Rush confirms that the Cleveland performance of their Time Machine show on April 15th at the Quicken Loans Arena will be filmed for full-length release. Cleveland is remarkable for being one of the very first US cities where the band performed, in addition to being the first city to provide American airplay. This will be a must-see event for Rush fans in Cleveland – and for everyone able to make the road trip as it is will also mark the first live full-length filming on US soil.

Tickets for Cleveland go on sale on Saturday, December 11th with pre-sales for Rush fan-club and CITI cardmembers beginning December 7th.

Shows for Ft Lauderdale, Greensboro, Nashville, Louisville, Toledo, New York, Chicago, Cleveland, Hamilton and Montreal all go on-sale this week. Visit the tour section for all the details!

• 1 month later...

Hamilton show isn't all that far away now. Looking forward to rockin' out in the Hammer with Rush :D

http://bit.ly/eqL3lx

folder3.jpg45rpm.jpg

Rush – The First Single 1973

The Rush version of Buddy Holly’s “Not Fade Away†was their debut single, released in 1973.

The B-side of this single, “You Can’t Fight It,†credited to Lee & Rutsey, was the first original song Rush released. This Moon Records single is rare and highly sought-after by collectors!!!

The following information was found at the Rush Collector Resources which can be seen at http://www.wellers.demon.co.uk/anthem.htm

(7″ 1,000 copies, some stamped ‘not for sale’, 73)

The very first Rush single, recorded during the Spring of 1973, the ‘a’ side was a cover of the song made famous by the Stones, but the ‘b’ side was an original Rush composition. These tracks have never appeared on any other (legitimate) release and so this 7″ counts as one of the most prized possessions in any Rush fans’ collection. The single was not a great success, and is certainly not the finest Rush recording, but provides a good insight into the formative stages of their career.

Live shows from this period often featured another cover, Bad Boy by Larry Williams. Serious fans should try and track down a copy of a recently re-broadcast concert from the Agora Ballroom in Cleveland from August 1974, which features this song plus two Rush-penned compositions, Fancy Dancer and Garden Road which were never released on record. This concert was broadcast by WMMS radio in Cleveland as part of a weekend promoting the new Geddy Lee solo album. Back in 1974, WMMS was home to Donna Halper who was instrumental in introducing Rush to Mercury Records and breaking them in the United States.

MP3@320CBR

Track List

01. Not Fade Away (3:19)

02. You Can’t Fight It (2:54)

Personnel

Geddy Lee – lead vocals and bass guitar

Alex Lifeson – guitars and vocals

John Rutsey – drums and percussion

http://bit.ly/eqL3lx

Personnel

Geddy Lee – lead vocals and bass guitar

Alex Lifeson – guitars and vocals

John Rutsey – drums and percussion

I didn't realize Neil Peart wasn't the original drummer' date=' and I had a hell of a time trying to turn John Rutsey into him in the picture before I read that last bit.[/quote']

Then you MUST watch the killer Rush doc Beyond The Lighted Stage. Whether or not you like Rush, you'll get a great understanding of what they have gone through over the years and that they all seem to be really decent guys. Sadly, John Rutsey died a number of years ago :(

Edited by Guest