Jambands.ca

Office Secret Santa Ideas?

Freeker

I'm hoping some of the musicians on the board can give me an idea of what to get my co-worker for her secret santa gift?

She's a performing musician, so I'm thinking of trying to find her a gift along those lines. She's in a country duo, plays small bars and clubs, she's a singer. Price limited is $5- $10

Any ideas?

Get her some herbal teas that are good for singers, they come in handy during the winter:

Slippery Elm Throat Coat Herbal Tea

Singer's Saving Grace Throat Spray

Or a good capo is always in need, even if she has one- someone always loses or forgets their own:

G 7th Capo

Finally, you cannot have enough picks in your case. Get an Altoids tin or something similar and load it up with a variety of picks.

Or four shots of whiskey. I think you can get a half a fifth of the stuff for about $7 and that size bottle can easily be snuck into a gig in a guitar case.....

She's actually the only "slam piece" in the office, full blown cougar but doable. I'll sing her a medley of your tunes while she opens her gift

As for her music - Imagine new country hits sung by a woman who does at least a dozen costume changes during the show, has a full pre recorded band backing her and ususally plays places like Montana's Steakhouse and then you're starting to get an idea of what her act is like.

Thanks for the suggestion Sean, I grabbed both of those things. The lady at the health food store told me the spray was a favorite of a local professional auctioneer, so I took that as a good sign.