Jambands.ca

new Stones archival release

hamilton

This has circulated as a bootleg for years, but it's coming out on Blu-ray etc. in November:

This November, Eagle Rock Entertainment will bring The Rolling Stones: Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 to Blu-ray. Filmed at the Will Rogers Memorial Center in Fort Worth, Texas on July 18, 1978, the concert documentary showcased the Stones at their raw and stripped-down best, playing songs off their Some Girls album as well as other tracks from throughout their recording career. The set list includes:

"Let It Rock"

"All Down The Line"

"Honky Tonk Women"

"Star Star"

"When The Whip Comes Down"

"Beast Of Burden"

"Miss You"

"Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)"

"Shattered"

"Respectable"

"Far Away Eyes"

"Love In Vain"

"Tumbling Dice"

"Happy"

"Sweet Little Sixteen"

"Brown Sugar"

"Jumpin' Jack Flash"

For the Blu-ray, Eagle Rock has given the 16mm film stock that The Rolling Stones: Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 was shot on a full high-def digital restoration. Similarly, the audio has been remastered from the original multi-track tapes. Two Blu-ray versions will be available for purchase - a single-disc Blu-ray and a Blu-ray/CD digipack with a reproduction tour program. Both will feature a new interview with Mick Jagger.

The Rolling Stones: Some Girls Live in Texas 1978 is expected to street on November 21st.

Link

Two Blu-ray versions will be available for purchase - a single-disc Blu-ray and a Blu-ray/CD digipack with a reproduction tour program. Both will feature a new interview with Mick Jagger.

I saw Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones in the theater about a year ago. It started off with a current day Mick Jagger interview that was so awkward and out-of-place that for several minutes I just assumed the projectionist had accidentally put in the special features disc.

Totally agreed re: "CS Blues".

I was surprised that I had a hard time watching the Stones doing illegal things backstage... but I maxxed out after a bit!

There is some very cool footage though...

My fave is the camera following Mick running through the dark hallways backstage as the band begins "2000 Light Years", and he finally emerges, crowd goes wild, etc. That was cool. But man, a lo-fi doc, to be sure.

I can't imagine enjoying the no-doubt supremely produced Scorcese flick more... but who knows?

I saw Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones in the theater about a year ago. It started off with a current day Mick Jagger interview that was so awkward and out-of-place that for several minutes I just assumed the projectionist had accidentally put in the special features disc.

I have two different boots labeled 'Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones', but I don't believe I have ever seen the official release oddly enough.

As for CS blues, I didn't have much trouble watching it as I had read all about that tour and the craziness previous to watching the film, so I wasn't at surprised by anything I saw. The bonus footage on the second DVD is pretty cool too: Saville Theatre 1969, Australian Tour Documentary 1973, 72 Promo videos, David Frost Show 1969, Mick And Biancas Wedding and a handful of unreleased clips from different years.

One thing for sure, I always put that DVD back on the self backwards (title side inward), some folks assume it's not a music video. loljb.gif

[color:red][edit to add]

Another great boot to watch for is Knebworth Fair, Knebworth Park, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, UK 76.

Edited by Guest