Jambands.ca

Go SENS Go - Fan Forum 11/12

ollie

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're absolutely right Sloth, in reality all colour commentators are exactly the same. ::rolls eyes::

There's a fine line between adding insightful commentary and being a cheerleader. ANd yes, I've seen some of the local ballgame broadcasts and there's no way they're as bad as the ChiSox guys! Not even close!

Anyhow, it was nice to watch a game that kind of mattered between the two. Here's hoping for a playoff series we can watch on the CBC!! :cheers:

Yes Hal, that's what I said, all colour commentators are the same. Way to read between the lines of my statement that local broadcast colour commentators are generally homers and get right to the nut meat. You're an insightful man.

While we're being liberal with hyperbole, you're absolutely right, there is and never has been an equal to the Chisox commentators anywhere ....... especially in Chicago....ever.

harrywemisshim.jpg

But agreed, it was nice to see the Sens dump the Leaves when it matters more than usual.

Yes Hal, that's what I said, all colour commentators are the same. Way to read between the lines of my statement that local broadcast colour commentators are generally homers and get right to the nut meat. You're an insightful man.

But agreed, it was nice to see the Sens dump the Leaves when it matters more than usual.

Your missing my point completely. The Sens are in the same league as the worst offenders. You never once denied this, instead you inferred that ALL local commentators are equally horrible. Which is simply not true.

It's nice to see that the Sens can dump the Leaves in semi meaningful regular season games. Makes the playoffs all the more special.

Ultimately I was just trying to bust your chops as much as I could and correct, I'd never deny for a sec that Potvin is a massive homer but no I never meant to infer that all local commentators are equally homers just that they generally are to some degree or another and I pretty much get the impression they're expected to be. I do actually see your point.

In truth, I usually watch games while listening to music as I find most commentary to be banal crap :)

Also, no love Harry Caray? Hi everybody!

Your missing my point completely. The Sens are in the same league as the worst offenders. You never once denied this, instead you inferred that ALL local commentators are equally horrible. Which is simply not true.

You should have probably said that Potvin is in the same league as the worst offenders, but I guess you really do need to stretch to say anything bad about the Senators these days. I mean, you should be mad at Sporstnet if you're looking for an organization to finger.

I'd like to know which other NHL colour guys you've heard this year to make such a wild claim.

Augh, you fuckinfuckityfuck Ollie. I was totally going to use this. Now I have to wait to see how Rundblad pans out.

Don't fret. I figure you'll be able to get some mileage out of "Proof right there that I'm an idiot." Pretty much fits every occasion.

But man, was I ever a whiny little bitch on that trade day.

I've watched entirely too much hockey in my life Ollie. That's all you need to know.

So you're saying you're an expert?

C'mon, can we put it to rest already? Am i on trial? You asked what other broadcasts I've watched. Do you want me to put it in chronological alphabetical order? I've watched a billion! I'm somewhat obsessed (although curbing it lately) - it's a problem I have.

You guys make talking shit way more of a chore than it needs to be. HOLY COW.

Im pretty sure that's the whole point of the fun and games, you came in and talked smack in the Sens thread and the Sens fans busted your chops, you could have, at any point, just let it go. Im glad you didn't though, this place is a morgue.

Back to the Sens, I was fine with the trade but I didn't imagine it working out this well, this fast. I missed the game last night but my boss just went on about Turris.

Watched a bit of the Leaves last night though, Lupul looked really good, here's hoping he gets injured.