Jambands.ca

Lest We forget.

Esau.

lestweforgetv.jpg

Thank you to ALL who have served and given their lives, your bravery and sacrifice will never be forgotten. Especially my great grandfathers (WWI) and grandfathers (WWII) .

Thank you to those who continue to serve, for your commitment, bravery and sacrifice, especially my brother Brad who served the Royal Canadian Navy (HMCS Toronto & Iroquois) and today, currently serves the Royal Air Force (UK). Words cannot express how proud I am of you. Thank you Brad.

Just got back from the ceremony at the War Memorial. It was very well done this year, the choir was great. First time I remember seeing helicopters in the fly-by.

I was surprised how many I saw texting during the ceremony but there ya go.

I always think of my grandfather when I'm there. The war needed cooks too.

Old video, and perhaps shared here before, but worth posting again.

"A lone young Belgian boy is waiting to salute the Canadian troops passing by who had been attending a memorial service. Such class from our Canadian troops - watch what they do for this little boy. The "Eyes Right" command is the biggest compliment troops on parade can pay and is reserved for dignitaries in reviewing stands."

This has always been one of my favourite days of the year and I really think it should be a national holiday so everyone can attend a ceremony.

It would be great if everyone would actually attend a ceremony, but the meaning and message might get lost on the many that would treat November 11th like just another holiday. I prefer it the way it is since many businesses and most if not all schools have ceremonies and the media coverage is huge; nothing catches your attention like momentary mass shutdowns of businesses and moments of silence in schools.

Edited by Guest