Jambands.ca

RIP Ween

jaybone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Published on Dec 12, 2015

Merry Xmas everyone! Every year at Xmas time I wish I had written a good Xmas song. I’m not sure I even accomplished that much here, but at least this time I thought about it this summer and recorded it so it would be ready when December rolled around. So here it is….”Xmas Day.” If you think it’s homophobic, it's not—it’s a true story based around a conversation i had with a local gay bartender (about the worst jobs we ever had). He had a job one December working as Santa Claus at the Oxford Valley Mall here in PA. He ended up meeting one of the kid’s fathers getting photographed with him who was deep in the closet, he recognized the father from a local gay bar and ended up sleeping with him but the guy made him wear his Santa outift. I just thought that was the funniest thing I ever heard—so here it is “XMAS DAY” --by the Dean Ween Group—Deaner, Ray Kubian, and Gabe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Another cool Mickey story...

“I have a cool story, a really cool story. Until a certain period I never played steel stringed acoustic guitars, only classical, unless I was using one of Aaron’s on a recording. so Aaron and I are in Rockland, Maine writing “White Pepper” in 1999 and we take a day off to drive to Portland, where we encounter an incredible vintage guitar shop. He had his eye on a $3k Taylor and I wanted a 1969 Martin classical guitar, but it’s rough and very expensive–$3k as well actually.

The tag said “needs a lotta work”. We both buy them with our recording budget. I use mine on Bananas and Blow, She’s your baby, etc and it’s slowly getting unplayable. Turns our it’s super rare, they made 13 that year, one of which is owned by Willie Nelson, a Martin N-20, also known as “Trigger”.

Fast forward to now and Ween has a great relationship with Martin, they are massive fans. When they take my guitar for repair they almost shit—-they’ve never seen another like it—it’s one of a kind—possibly worth a 100 thousand bucks. The tuners are shaped like BUTTERFLIES. It took them many months of work to get it back to me but it just showed up—I think willie and I have probably the only 2 surviving N-20s from the first year of production. bad ass.”

http://echoba.se/dean-ween-accidentally-purchases-rare-1969-n-20-martin-nylon-strong-guitar/