Jambands.ca

R h e o s t a t i c s

M

Only two nights left in the marathon 13 night run of the Rheos at the Horseshoe!!! The Fall Nationals.

I've been the past two nights and am hooked. If I had started on night one that would have been dangerous.

Wednesday night they had a wheel set up on the stage. They would spin the wheel and whatever song it landed on, they would play. I got to go up on stage and spin the wheel to pick the last song. Landed on "Northern Wish". So good! Got to hear some of my favorite songs that night... including "Dope Fiends and Boozehounds".

Last night was a night of mainly covers. I walked in during them performing the Talking Heads tune "Life During Wartime" and knew the night was going to be a doozy based on that. They played a ton of incredible songs... including a disgustingly unbelievable version of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel tune "The Only Living Boy in New York". Martin was a god ... I swooned. To top it off, they did an incredible version of the Pixies' "Wave of Mutilation".

Go see them tonight if you have not already!!!

They are magic.

-

coolest guitar ever

on one hand, I'm jealous of the great music you get to experience in Toronto.

on the other hand, I know that if I was anywhere near all of that, it would be very difficult to not do that all of the time and keep paying the bills and making it to work on time with brains.

hey tara...I'M a bass player...

and I was at the horseshoe along with smokeythinker and our friends allison and chris.

my car got towed on queen's...boooooo

i had forgotten to see a fire hydrant and almost got towed but the tow just left and didn't say 'you're going to get a ticket' even though he'd likely get the same number of tows.

what an asshole.

and THEN it took us like a half hour driving by the impound yard at 10 york. found it on foot.

totally worth the trip.

Well M

i was there wes night and your wheel spin was the worst. you think your some kind of vana white, but your not. [Mad] the show was kick ass wes night to muck te-kill-ya for the band, thing got messy. tonight was just as gooooood. the crowd sucks, whats up with all the 30something uptight metrosexualls. well i had fun M to bad the wheel of fortune won't be calling cause u sucker!!. but you can party my ass off!!!!!!!!!!!! so your the best. save your juice for sat. were going to show the kids who the champs of late night are.

i cna't spell and i don't care. me an enstein (that realy smart gut) are both dis-lex-is and so go fuck your self if you don't like my shity spelling.

Too much that you spun the Northern Wish. Couldn't make it down but those were the nights I would've wanted to catch. At least there's still the BSS night of covers. And Vesely- I can't speak to his dreaminess- really is an amazing player. There was a collaboration at Hillside with the Rheos and these African musicians that was sublime- it was really interesting to see Vesely play in a totally different (sort of modal, groove) style. Tielli said later he had wanted to do Northern Wish a song of theirs with an African influence but didn't get around to it.

wow....im glad to hear such a great response to these shows....personally, i had boycotted these shows, after going to numerous nites on these runs the previous 2 years, i felt extremely disappointed with the bands performance...it felt very much like i was paying a lot of money (when you include cover, parking, gas, beer) to watch my favourite band fuck around at a bad practice. i've seen well over 30 shows, and to be honest, i'd say 80% have been a disappointment. it's really too bad, because like i said, my favourite band, and when i put on their cd's, something happens, its magical, inspirational...i dunno....

but yeah, my point is, im glad to hear the boys are finally getting their shit together....maybe they'll branch out of toronto again, soon....

truthfully, tho, im a huge tielli fan...and he never disappoints, whether on his own or with the rheos...so, as long as he keeps kickin', i'll be fine....

if the bank account will abide, maybe i'll give the toronto run one more chance tonite......ummm, there still is a show tonite, right?

it kinda freaked me out when during the sing along part he said "now just the people who work @ le chateau" and then winked at me.....it was crazy.....too bad I didn't get to see the whole set...I HAD to go see Micheal Jay @ the cameron...

glad to hear the rest was good though...

Friday night was just as amazing as Wed / Thurs... they brought out horns for a few songs, the most notable being PIN. What a night, the playing was so tight... such a treat all around..

Ah, BF - or should I call you BS? [Wink]

No comment as I am trying to remain on talking terms as you still hold in your possession my bling ... which by the way you BROKE!!! [Mad]

but i guess you still rock anyway... [Razz][Wink][big Grin]

and fun times this past week-ish... can't wait for albany!!! did someone warn the state troopers we're all coming yet? hope not...

and is benny alive from sunday night?!

Archived