Jambands.ca

The Black Crowes Return

Northern Wish

The Black Crowes have officially ended their nearly two-year hiatus, and will embark on their "Lay Down with Number 13" tour next year. The trek will kick off in late March with five dates in the UK, to be followed with a month-long tour of the U.S. Tickets for this first round of dates will be available starting January 11 at 10:13 AM local time, and ticket link information will be available on January 1 at www.blackcrowes.com. Additional dates will be announced soon.

In terms of the lineup fans will be seeing, a statement from the band indicates that Chris Robinson (lead vocals, guitar), Rich Robinson (guitar, vocals), Steve Gorman (drums), Sven Pipien (bass) and Adam Macdougall (keyboards) will welcome the addition of Jackie Greene on guitar and vocals, replacing Luther Dickinson.

The Black Crowes 2013 Tour Dates

03/24/13 Sun Manchester Academy Manchester, GB

03/25/13 Mon Birmingham Academy Birmingham, GB

03/27/13 Wed Glasgow Academy Glasgow, GB

03/29/13 Fri The Forum London, GB

03/30/13 Sat The Forum London, GB

04/02/13 Tue The Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY

04/03/13 Wed The Capitol Theatre Port Chester, NY

04/05/13 Fri Terminal 5 New York, NY

04/06/13 Sat Terminal 5 New York, NY

04/08/13 Mon 9:30 Club Washington, DC

04/09/13 Tue 9:30 Club Washington, DC

04/11/13 Thu House of Blues Boston, MA

04/12/13 Fri Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA

04/14/13 Sun The Fillmore Detroit, MI

04/16/13 Tue The Vic Theatre Chicago, IL

04/17/13 Wed The Vic Theatre Chicago, IL

04/19/13 Fri The Pageant St. Louis, MO

04/20/13 Sat Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN

04/21/13 Sun Ryman Auditorium Nashville, TN

04/23/13 Tue The Tabernacle Atlanta, GA

04/25/13 Thu House Of Blues Dallas, TX

04/27/13 Sat Stubb's Austin, TX

04/28/13 Sun House of Blues Houston, TX

04/30/13 Tue Mahaffey Theater St. Petersburg, FL

05/01/13 Wed House of Blues Orlando, FL

05/04/13 Sat Mahalia Jackson Theater New Orleans, LA

I for one am pumped. Looks like I'm going to be going to Nashville for the first time!

Damn, don't think any of those dates will work for me. Was really hoping they'd be in California during early April as I have to head out that way for a couple days for a conference. Stoked to hear this but I must say I really hope that this does not spell the end of the Chris Robinson Brotherhood. I hope there's enough time, space and energy for both. CRB has come to be one of my favourite live acts to see and as far as I could tell they were only picking up steam.

I got to meet Rich Robinson a few weeks ago. His band was playing a gig at a private club in Paris. He decided to play a solo acoustic show at a tiny record store earlier in the evening for, as he put it, his real fans who actually wanted to see him perform. he said that when the show was booked he had no idea that it was a private club. It was a good, albeit short, set. And afterward he signed autographs, CDs, etc. he seemed like a genuinely humble, nice, dude. and his latest CD is pretty good.

I really like Jackie Greene, but this seems like an odd addition. I didn't think that he was particularly known for his guitar playing.

• 2 weeks later...