Jambands.ca

Arrested Development 2.0

Hal Johnson

Okay, so the first few episodes weren't totally amazing (although they certainly had their moments), but wow, how good does it get when we hit Tobias and GOB's episodes?! haha, laughing just thinking about them. So glad this show is back.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

I'm working my way through the old seasons first before I hit up Season 4. Currently finishing up Season 1... so hard not to hit up the new season.

Wife of Gob: "I'm in love with your brother-in-law."

Gob: "You're in love with your own brother? The one in the army?"

Wife of Gob: "No. Your sister's husband."

Gob: "Michael? Michael! "

Wife of Gob: "No, that's your sister's brother..."

Gob: "No, I'm my sister's brother. You're in love with me. Me. "

Wife of Gob: "I'm in love with Tobias."

Gob: "My brother-in-law?"

Wife of Gob: "I know it can never be, so I'm leaving and enlisting in the army."

Gob: "To be with your brother..."

Wife of Gob: "NO!"

f'n brilliant.

Yes! Lowroller, it's those damn dialogues that have me in tears. GOB is such an idiot...and so fun to watch.

I've been enjoying them. Tobias's episode has been my favourite so far, with GOB a close second. There are so many references, inside the show, outside the show that it's great that it's on-demand. I've had to pull back to make sure I heard what I thought I'd heard a few times.

Tobias's strive to improv and using the "Yes and" method had me howling. But that was before I knew WHY he was doing that. His episode explained it all, which of course made it even funnier ;)

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller

More Arrested Development, in one form or another is imminent!

Speaking with CNBC, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings hinted that the company would like to commission more episodes of Arrested Development. A new season of 15 episodes recently premiered on the streaming service.

Hastings has insisted the show has been a hit for Netflix, saying, "It's been huge, just as we had hoped." When asked about making another new season for Netflix, Hastings stated, "Arrested is unique, because that's really up to the talent. If the talent was willing to do more, and interested in that, I'm sure we would be willing."

The show's creator, Mitch Hurwitz, however had aims of following up the new season with a full-length feature film. Hurwitz stated in January: "This is the first act of what we would like to complete in a movie," he explained at the time. "These are episodes that set that up. One does not work without the other."