Jambands.ca

OFFICIAL 8-TRACK THREAD

badams

I used to Listen to Let it Bleed, Kenny Rogers and the Beach Boys on 8 track when I was a kid. Was the stuff the first peaked my interest in listening to music.

We also had a cobra cb radio in our Pontiac leMans, my handle was motormouth.

We also had a cobra cb radio in our Pontiac leMans

Did you also have a beacon so you could pretend your car was an unmarked cop car? My dad did. He could have beat up your dad but perhaps we had the same father! Holyshit. You're my long lost brother.

Cant recall what year the LeMans was but it was a lighter brown than this one:

1973_Pontiac_LeMans_sedan_--_02-04-2012_1.jpg

Guest Low Roller

Not to highjack this thread too much, but my dad had a 1973 Mercury Comet, and it was the greatest thing ever:

1971MC.jpg

It had an 8-track and a front middle seat. Those were the days.

Edited by Low Roller

When my cousin was a kid she got hit by a car and got a settlement. When she turned eighteen she got her money and bought a brand new 1976 Camaro, blue with a white leather interior and a hi-end 8-track sound system. I loved cruising around in that car the few times I had the chance as a kid.

She got married and her husband took absolute ownership of that car. He'd wash it by hand every week despite the fact that he'd only drive it maybe twice a summer. When they split up he actually got the car.

The last time I was in that car was maybe 12-15 years ago. It only had about 25,000 miles on it and it was still mint. The white leather interior was immaculate and whattya know, he never updated the sound system. It still had the original 8-track player in it and nothing more. I'm sure it still does.

Bitchin'.

Not to highjack this thread too much, but my dad had a 1973 Mercury Comet, and it was the greatest thing ever:

The whole thread is a hijack, I wouldn't worry about it.

Our LeMans was a 73 I believe and it was blue. Man I loved listening to Kenny Rogers in that thing.