Jambands.ca

OFFICIAL 8-TRACK THREAD

badams

Anyone else out there collect 8-Tracks like I do?

I have a huge selection of 8-Tracks including the entire ABBA and Irish Rovers collections. Also in my collection is an autographed copy of Sunk the Bismark by Johnny Horton which I paid a lot of money for.

I like to chug beer and get sloshed while watching Trailer Park Boys and listening to my vast collection of 8-Tracks over and over.

At last count I had approximately 5367 8-Tracks though I did lend out one of my Pink Floyd's so I am down to 5366 currently.

Oh well... off to drink some suds (Wildcat or Laker) and ease into some Dean Martin... 8-Track style.

A few splashes of Screech are always in order when listening to 8 track. Me and my new old lady's collection has brought us closer together and taken us on some great adventures. 8 track has brought me back to my toddler years when music was all consuming and I fucking loved it.

At last count I had approximately 5367 8-Tracks though I did lend out one of my Pink Floyd's so I am down to 5366 currently.

Was it Animals? Because that's a perfect example of the superiority of 8-track... it was the only format that had the Snowy White guitar solo between the two "Pigs on the Wing" tracks.

The foam pressure pad in one of my 8 tracks wore out. If this ever happens to you this is how you fix it: Get some foam. Cut it into shape. Put some clear tape over the foam so the 8 track tape has a smoove surface to glide on again and you are good to go.

I used to have an interesting 8-track collection but I have no idea where it is. I don't think it was in the fire...maybe it's at my mom's house somewhere.

I remember it included Van Halen's first album, Bat Out Of Hell, and a Cheech and Chong album.

boom, I would like to add to this thread but I am far too young to be dealing with 8 tracks. I will let you old farts relive the glory days of 8 track. My parents had a huge collection of Glen Campbell 8 tracks I do remember that much. :)

Guest Low Roller

My parents had a ton of James Last 8 tracks that we would listen to when driving up to the cottage. It was like an hour long intro to some TV show of the 80's:

boom, I would like to add to this thread but I am far too young to be dealing with 8 tracks. I will let you old farts relive the glory days of 8 track. My parents had a huge collection of Glen Campbell 8 tracks I do remember that much. :)

My niece was born in the nineties too.

boom' date=' I would like to add to this thread but I am far too young to be dealing with 8 tracks. I will let you old farts relive the glory days of 8 track. My parents had a huge collection of Glen Campbell 8 tracks I do remember that much. :)[/quote']

My niece was born in the nineties too.

I was actually born in 78 but still before my time. love the action these threads. This board has been lacking this for too long. I will take a splash of scotch to that!!

Ahh, my mistake. Although I was kinda just kiddin around. Of course, 8-tracks weren't completely phased out until the mid eighties, in Canada anyway. I was born in 70, so I wasn't buying or collecting them during their heyday, but I do remember shopping for LPs in my mid-teens and flipping through the 8-track section quite often. I did buy some Dylan 8-tracks back then, but simply for my collection.

:chug:

[edit to add]

Agreed about the liveliness of these threads, good to see.

Edited by Guest