Jambands.ca

Electric Meat & Dr. Hux - This Friday Dec. 5!

jon.

I think I'm hooking up with some non-heady friends friday night, but I should be able to make it down for the last couple sets, especially since it's on my way home.

I love seamless sets don't get me wrong, the transition jams are usually off the hook. But when am I supposed to go outside for a 'break'??

You betcha! You're going to be there right Cyberhippie? I think we've met before right? Maybe at MarcO's place one time at a pre-party? My memory is like a sieve so please say high and we'll have a toast together or something. I'll be with a woman that looks way to good looking to be seen with me. Fool that she is. [Wink]

thanks to everyone who came out last night!

Huxies - you guys are super cool, can't wait to come and shake it in ottawa,

Always nice to see the kids - trev, willy, stonedphillips great meeting ya.

basher, nice to meet ya finally!

see ya at the next one!

Wow! That was awesome! I love seamless sets! It was great to finally see Dr. Huxtable with the keyboards and drums. I particularily love the funky Bob Dylan cover (Maggie's Farm) and the lovely interpretation of MJ's Thriller.

What can be said about Electric Meat? They were great. Nice to finally get out to see them play. They were tight and their jams were inspiring. The Hammond sound from the keyboards rules!

Thanks again for a great night everybody!

Damn you, Mother Nature.

I was plannning on being at this show. I was in NYC at the tail end of a whirwind NE concert tour (including moe., Lynch, Phish, RAQ, PLQ, and Bill Frisell), and had rigged a cheap ticket with JetsGo out of Newark to Toronto. The flight was at 3pm on Friday, which got me to Pearson at 4:30pm; I was going to take a shuttle bus downtown, and had a hotel room at the Novotel on Eslplanade booked. I figured I'd get to the hotel around dinner, grab a quick bite, nap for a while, get up, take a shower, and mosey to the bar about 9:30pm for the mayhem to come.

Alas, it was not to be: about 3:15pm, they announced that the plane, which was coming from Toronto, hadn't been allowed to land. Further, JetsGo had cancelled all flights to/from NYC (including Newark). As well, Air Canada had cancelled everything, as had Continental.

OK, scratch my attendance at a set-blender.

I took a shuttle bus back to Manhattan (which, instead of a 40 minute trip, took three hours [Mad] ), and ended up at the Port Authority Bus Terminal. I phoned AmTrak, only to find they were AmNotTrak: the next train to Canada was Saturday morning. I checked with Greyhound, and they had a bus to Montreal that left at 9:30pm.

The bus came by, and I got on, that's when it all began...

I don't know if the driver's name is Neal, but I hope it was: he was definitely going Cowboy on us. We left about 10 minutes late, and arrived about 20 minutes early. This cat was motoring. The bus was full (largely due to people flying to Montreal out of JFK and La Guardia who needed alternate transport), the seats were small, and I didn't care. We got to Montreal about 5:40am, and there was a bus to Ottawa at 6am. I made it home for breakfast.

I tried, guys, I really tried. Did anybody tape it?

Aloha,

Brad

Archived