Jambands.ca

The New Deal @ Opera House (T.O.) May 9

bradm

• 1 month later...

newdeal14.jpg

Incidentally Joel Stouffer, tND's new drummer was once a member of The Fat Cats... maybe original drummer even?   Joel has been playing with tND bassist Dan Kurtz for a few years in Dragonette.  Darren Shearer is a monster on the drums, outside of tND I saw him in Conspirator and he was really one of the best parts of that band, Darren moved to LA right after the band broke up back in 2011-2012 and chose not to come back.  

from The New Deal: "Our very first show ever as a band, performed in Toronto in 1998 in front of four people at a place called The Comfort Zone. We didn't even have a name yet but upon listening back to the recording (on cassette!) after the show we knew we had the makings of something special. This clip features the first "song" we ever came up with (Back To The Middle) as well as the first performance of Holland Tunnel. with the exception of the main lick to Back To The Middle, the entire concert was improvised from beginning to end" - Jamie

• 2 weeks later...

This unfortunately wasn't in the cards for me.  I would have been interested to hear where they're at, and definitely would have been nice to reconnect with Joel...its been a long long time.  Have to admit the couple tracks I have heard are not really my thing. Hope its a good turnout!