Jambands.ca

Thanks Paul!

bouche

Hmmm, I don't see how that can be perceived as a bad thing, unless of course your goal for 2004 was to get a government job.

The government is well known for overpaying contractors, and heck, even their own employees brag about how much salary they make, how many holidays they get and how little work they do.

There are far too many sectors of government, spending far too much of our tax dollars. It looks like Mr. Martin sees that. If government was run like a private sector business, think of all the extra money that would be left over for things like...health care and schools.

Score one for Martin.

can see putting the:

planned Canadian History Centre

Holocaust museum slated for Winnipeg

new Federal Court facility, the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Judicial Building

on hold

I'd like to see VIA get rockin again (actually I guess smoking cars are out of the question so put that on hold too... god its fun drinking and smoking on a train watching the world go by)

nothing wrong with looking out for health care, decriminalize and free up the millions of bucks spent on court costs and jail terms

Mr. Martin is freakin me out! If the gov't was run more like a private sector business, the people who run that business will find their wallets growing fatter and fatter, and most of us could expect to pay higher prices for lower quality services (ie health care). Unfortunately equity and efficiency seem to flow in opposite directions.

And certainly all of us non-governmental folks can appreciate your goals as admirable as that, but tone down the consumerism for a minute and go back to what KevO said re: equity and efficiency. In its current incarnation the government is highly inefficient and I have yet to pass judgement on Martin because I can appreciate his need to trim trim trim. I know too many people getting away with murder at HRDC.

Archived