Jambands.ca

**BNB - 11/14/03 Call the Office - B+P offer

ersh

Call the Office - London, ON

November 14th, 2003

Two sets - Two cd's

This was probably our favourite show of the Fall/Winter ones we did. The house tech, an old friend of mine, has two mics permanently placed in the ceiling of the bar - and having mixed us at least a dozen times, was able to get a great recording of a great sounding show. At the end of the night he gave me the discs of the show, ready to go.

Email me at webmaster@burtneilson.com if you're interested. I'll burn off as many as I can.

As well... we're almost finished our latest studio effort... due out next month - to be followed by a Western (about time!) then Eastern tour.

Cheers!

Jeff

• 1 year later...

So this past Labour Day CTMF Jeff finally hooked me up with a copy of this show. :) Upon listening, I came to realize I was at this show. (I could hear my whistling pop up here and there... ) Call the Office was PACKED that night. It was a crazy night all around. Party at Chandler's after went well into Saturday afternoon! I have some photos from the party that I will dig up... I know there is a great one of the instagator raging it up with a baseball bat!

Anyways, I just got done tracking it. It sounds great and there are definitely some great musical moments throughout.

I'll take some B&P's or trades if anyone is interested. Hopefully someone can upload this to the archive.

Burt Neilson Band

11/14/03

Call the Office – London, ON

Disc One: Set 1:

1. Intro

2. Stop 28

3. St. Andrews

4. Funkin’ Shoes

5. Lost & Lonely

6. Watching TV That No One Else Can See

7. Yellow Pants

8. Speedbump

Disc Two: Set 2:

1. Intro

2. By the Door

3. In the Belly

4. L

5. Let Down

6. Down With the Sound

Encore:

7. Have a Cigar

8. Stage Fright

AUD> CDR> CDEX 120 (partial track extraction)> SoudFourge 4.5 (track splitting)> CDR

Jeff: “The house tech, an old friend of mine, has two mics permanently placed in the ceiling of the bar - and having mixed us at least a dozen times, was able to get a great recording of a great sounding show.â€

Cool G.. I still have a package of discs sitting here from a trade we attempted a couple years ago. I looked at your list. Jeez... I can't wrap my head around that right now. I know someone who would be very interested in that Chank Chatham show though. Where'd ya get that from?

I'll make you a copy and get it out to you next week.

. I know someone who would be very interested in that Chank Chatham show though. Where'd ya get that from?

From Tungsten,along with a Fat Cats recording (Lancaster - Jambands.ca festival) & compilation CD from Hole In The Wall Enterprises called 'The Breeding Ground Vol.2' from '94 which had Fatties on it also

I'll do those discs up this weekend and get em off to you monday.

yep, i've had this for a while.. i got it from jeff, or scottieking, way back when.. cant remember.. but its awesome, one of my favourite burt shows... i really like the first set a lot: they came out on fire! i was listening to it a few weeks ago, actually, and lost 'n lonely stood out like crazy to me... from what i remember, there seemed to be a lot of awesome stuff goin on from jeff's side, twinkling underneath everything.. fuckin great...

and yeah, i'll get ya the covers, no problem... thanks for making me a copy of the show... you're such a sweetiepie... but you're best to pass it along to an unsuspecting soon-to-be-fan... i like to throw it around to americans when they dont know who this awesome canadian band is...

i thought i had the covers hidden on my site, but i only had the back (without the fancy text and track listing)... here it is... low-res, so dont try printing it, but yeah, i'll make sure you get them.. they look sorta neat.

jeff.jpg

edit: hey bacon, here's a couple more shots for ya from that nite, just off my site...

burt6.jpg

burt4.jpg

play.that.bass..jpg

Archived