Jambands.ca

Phix in Toronto

Chewie

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

"i'm all about The Phix, but have no intentions of ever seeing Phish again..."

Bones, I am starting to think you need help.

no argument there Booche!

if Phish came to TO i might go, but they're not a band i've EVER dug that much! I like and listen to their cd's, but would never go on Phish Tour [Roll Eyes]

The Phix however, i met in Denver at Cervantes Ballroom...all super nice guys, who are good musicians and having a good time.

bones, i just like to say DSO is doing something that at least no one else is doing, recreating a time of the Grateful Dead.

Phix is doing something that phish is also currently doing. Nothing different.

they may have the original stage setup, but thats it. DSO have all the original equipment, i'm sure you understand how DSO and Phix heavily differ.

It personally makes me laugh that a band is living off another bands glory, WHILE the main band is still touring...

ahhhh well....

if no one else is playing that night.

quote:

Originally posted by NewRider:

anyone wanna start up a nero cover band with me??? maybe we could get their original road manager to tour with us?!?!

dude im all about the nero coverband!!!

i already know 6 ot 7 of their tunes well enough to cover em [Wink]

i'd have to agree with Steve on this one...the DSO are uncanny in how much they sound like the GD. And they are the closest thing to seeing the Dead in the 70's....

Phix...hmmm sir, I just don't know....I'll probably check them out though.

cover dependant!

PhIX are great man, check out their website, www.phixband.com they have some great tunes in the sounds section and they seemed to be super pumped about coming to canada. I sent them an email and they said tickets would be 14$ plus whatever ticketmaster service charges are, as well they said tickets should be on sale by wednesday or thursday

Archived