Jambands.ca

rheostatics

Jesser

Zimmerman pt. 3, i didn't even know you lived around here!

I enjoyed last night's show from a fairly sober perspective. First Reverend Ken came up on stage for a tune, then Washboard Hank! also two fans joined the band on vocals for one tune. the rheos seemed to be having a good time, and they reflected on playing gigs in pbro back in the late 80's in some attack at Peter Robinson College (???). They did about a 4 song encore too, and the crowd wasn't really begging for it, they were just enjoying themselves and the jagr shots the bar was supplying.

last night's show in Pete was truly a treat! Martin's "Jim Morrisson" impression, a la "The End" was quite amusing [big Grin]

And that old school Peterborough man singing the ol' songs of yonder with the Rheos was classic, and somewhat made you feel proud to be an Ontarian. Overall, great show (Self-Serve Gas Station being my highlight)

• 2 weeks later...

This saturday they're at Zaphod's in Ottawa.

Is anyone planning on going? Opener starts at 7 I hear. It would certainly make for an early night out.

*** mid-posting update alert!!! ***

I just found out that the tickets are a whopping $25 each.

The band may be worth it, but certainly not Zaphod's.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

Is anyone planning on going? Opener starts at 7 I hear. It would certainly make for an early night out.

According to the Zaphod info for the show, tickets are $20 (in advance); they're also warning that it's likely to sell out.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

The lovely and super-talented Julie Doiron is opening this show, which makes it all that much better. She's amazing...

Also, I don't like people slagging Zaphod's... It's the only bar in town (of course I'm probably wrong) that has live music most nights of the week, Eugene is damn friendly, the bartenders can actually mix drinks, and there's no attitude at all. I was talking to Eugene last friday night and he said it was an early show so Julie could play for 1.5 hours and the Rheos could play for 2...

Well worth the money IMO. Although I'd pay anything for the Rheos...

Alan

I like the fact I can still see the Rheostatics in small venues. I've seen them at Barrymore's and I've seen them at Zaphod's and there's no comparison. A small room definetely suits them, and Julie Doiron would probably be too overwhelmed at Barrymore's. I've seen her at the 4th Stage of the NAC and she felt good though...

Oh well. I think it's a great deal.

AD

more rheos news

RHEOSTATICS ROCK TORONTO

The Rheos will be playing on The Toronto Show on Thursday, February 12, and the folks at the show want to give out FREE TICKETS for the taping!

If you'd like to be on television while taking in some good ol' Canuck Rock, give the Audience Department a call at 416-362-4705 or by going to The Toronto Show website at www.thetorontoshow.com.

If you aren't able to make it out to this performance, the Boys are playing some upcoming dates:

Thursday, February 5 in Kingston @ Elixir - tix $12 adv/$15 door

Friday, February 6 in Montreal @ Le Swimming - tix $16 adv/ $20 door

Saturday, February 7 in Ottawa @ Zaphod Beeblebrox - tix $20

Friday, February 13 in London @ Call The Office - tix $15

Saturday, February 14 in Waterloo @ The Star Light - $15 adv/$18 door

-

If it was another weekend, I'd plan to come to town for it.

The $25 show here was still on the brain, but I COMPLETELY forgot about JSB on friday. That's my weekend right there! JSB !!!

Hey Skelter, email me will ya? There's a killer Ottawa band that needs to come to Kingston soon.

Archived